Bulletin - January 17
CHILDREN & FAMILY
Betsy Bruins, Minister of Children and Families, 399-9280, ext.18, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Braunius, Nursery Coordinator, 399-9280, email@example.com
- Children & Worship and Sunday School Information – Please see the calendar on the back of the bulletin for C&W and Sunday School times and room assignments.
- Sunday School H2H Food-of-the-Month – fruit and cereal bars. Can we pile 100 boxes on the table in the Gathering Place?
- Dates for Vacation Bible School – It's time to start thinking about summer...and VBS! Dates are June 20-24. More details coming soon!
Bryce Vander Stelt, Minister of Youth & Young Adults, 399-9280, ext.23, firstname.lastname@example.org
Stacey Duensing, Youth Ministry Associate, email@example.com
- HSM – We meet tonight from 6-8pm in the Youth Center. Whether you come every week or have never come before, we want you to join us!
- HSM Winter Retreat – We will be leaving Fellowship this Friday, January 22, at 6:30pm. We will return on Sunday for the 10:45am service. Please remember to return your payment and permission form to Bryce by Friday.
- Elevate – We will meet this Wednesday night from 6:15-7:30 in the Youth Center. All 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students are invited!
- HSM Summer Serve Trip – High School Ministries will be going to the Rosebud Native American Reservation in Mission, South Dakota for their Summer Serve Trip. Dates are July 9-17. An informational meeting will be held on Sunday, January 31 from 5-6pm in the Youth Center. The deadline to sign up is Wednesday, February 3.
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext.14, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Women in Faith – The book for this session is Restless by Jennie Allen. The group meets at Barnes and Noble every other Thursday starting January 21. Questions? Contact Diana Stephens at email@example.com or 616-283-2532.
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext. 14, firstname.lastname@example.org
Karen Donker, Kids Hope USA Director and Hand2Hand Ministries Coordinator, 399-9280, ext. 13, email@example.com
- Hand2Hand Needs – cereal, fruit & cereal bars, canned chili, fruit cups (all varieties), canned pasta sauce, pop tarts, and canned corn or green beans. Your donations are greatly needed and appreciated! Thank you!!
Brian Keepers, Minister of Congregational Leadership, 399-9280, ext. 12, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jordan Clegg, Minister of Creative Arts, 399-9280, ext. 15, email@example.com
- Advent/Christmas Art Brochure – Wondering about the artwork created in the Sanctuary during Advent and Christmas? Pick up a brochure at the Welcome Center or in the back of the sanctuary.
Marijke Strong, Minister of Congregational Care & Community Life, 399-9280, ext. 17, firstname.lastname@example.org
Linda Hutchison, Parish Nurse, 399-9280, ext. 22, email@example.com
- All Church Art Night - on January 27, 5:45pm Dinner and 6:30pm Art Night Activities. Join us for an intergenerational, interactive Art Night with Joel and the Artist Cohort. All are welcome!
- Pastor Marijke’s Last Sunday – will be Sunday, January 24th. Please submit any letters, cards, or love donations before Wednesday, January 20 to the Welcome Center.
- Guys, It's Movie Time! – Friday, January 22 we'll be watching and discussing the 2013 film, Gravity (winner of 7 Academy Awards). Starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney, it tells a gripping story of survival and hope when two American astronauts are stranded in space after the destruction of their space shuttle. We'll meet in the Youth Center at 6pm for dinner (bring $ for pizza) and start the movie by 7pm. Invite a friend to join you! (Guys ages 13 and up are welcome). RSVP to Mike Bader or Pastor Brian.
- HSM Spaghetti Fundraiser – High School Ministries is raising funds for their Summer Serve Mission Trip to the Rosebud Native American reservation. Sunday, February 28th after the 10:45 service, you can enjoy a delicious spaghetti meal and silent auction. We welcome your support by attending or donating to the silent auction. If you have items to donate, please contact Bryce or Stacey.
- Camp Geneva & CranHill Scholarship Policy – Fellowship will provide a scholarship of 20% for your child's camp experience this summer at either Camp Geneva or CranHill Ranch, up to $80.00 (one discount per child per year). This is only for members or active participants of Fellowship, please call the church office for the code. Please do not give out the code to friends or bunkmates, as that is not a part of our camp scholarship budget.
- Headed South for the Winter? – If you have a change of address during the winter months, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 399.9280. Also, indicate if you would like to receive bulletins in the mail. Please note if you have mail forwarding from your Michigan address, mail from Fellowship will not be forward because it is not first class mail.
Weather Cancellations – Our policy is to cancel children/youth evening activities if West Ottawa closes or cancels. Information will be posted on the church website, Facebook, and the answering machine. Also check WOODTV, WWMT, or WHTC.
- Confirmed into Fellowship Church today: Grace Katherine Bruins, Keagan Ranea Cano, Hannah Rose Douthitt, Lindsey Marie Drost, Tiyarra Rene Duron, Madeline Elisabeth Eppard, Benjamin Robert Hoey, Jacob Mitchell Holstege, Derek Joseph McNitt (1/24), Delaney Paige Overman, Tyler Douglas Pilger, Jessilyn Leigh Rockhold, Josh Ryan Wiggers, and Tyler Benjamin Zoerhoff.
- College Students – looking for a summer job that matters? Camp Geneva, located in Holland, Michigan, is accepting applications for summer staff and will begin interviewing in January. Positions include: counselors, lifeguards, kitchen, maintenance and many more. Visit campgeneva.org for position descriptions and to print an application.