Bulletin - January 10
CHILDREN & FAMILY
Betsy Bruins, Minister of Children and Families, 399-9280, ext. 18, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Braunius, Nursery Coordinator, 399-9280, email@example.com
- Children & Worship and Sunday School Information – Please see the calendar on the back of the bulletin for C&W and Sunday School times and room assignments.
- H2H Food-of-the-Month – Sunday School kids are now bringing in fruit and cereal bars. Put your donation on the table in the Gathering Place.
- Tentative Dates for Vacation Bible School – It's time to start thinking about summer...and VBS! Tentative dates are June 20-24. More details coming soon!
Bryce Vander Stelt, Minister of Youth & Young Adults, 399-9280, ext.23, firstname.lastname@example.org
Stacey Duensing, Youth Ministry Associate, email@example.com
- HSM – All high school students are invited to our first meeting in 2016 tonight from 6-8pm in the Youth Center! Whether you come every week or have never come before, we want you to join us!
- Elevate – We will meet this Wednesday night from 6:15-7:30 in the Youth Center. All 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students are invited!
- HSM Winter Retreat – All high school students are invited to our winter retreat on January 22-24. The cost is $99. We will be going to Gull Lake Ministries Retreat Center for a weekend of fun and fellowship. Please contact Bryce or Stacey to sign up.
- HSM Summer Serve Trip – High School Ministries will be going to the Rosebud Native American Reservation in Mission, South Dakota this summer for their Summer Serve Trip. Dates for the trip are July 9-17th. An informational meeting will be held on Sunday January 31st from 5-6pm in the Youth Center. The deadline for youth to sign up for the Summer Serve Trip is Wednesday, February 3rd.
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext.14, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Narrative Lectionary Devotionals: January 3-March 27, 2016 – The Narrative Lectionary invites us to slow down the pace and savor the Gospel of Mark during the weeks between Christmas and Easter. We will explore some new ways of engaging with Scripture during the daily readings, which are outlined in the devotional reading guide. New reading guides are available on the table in the concourse and in the back of the Sanctuary. Sketch books, journals, pens, & pencils for use with the devotionals are also available at the discipleship table.
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext. 14, email@example.com
Karen Donker, Kids Hope USA Director and Hand2Hand Ministries Coordinator, 399-9280, ext. 13, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hand2Hand Needs – tuna helper, fruit & cereal bars, canned corn or green beans, fruit cups (all varieties), canned chili, and cereal. Your donations are greatly needed and appreciated! Thank you!!
Brian Keepers, Minister of Congregational Leadership, 399-9280, ext. 12, email@example.com
Jordan Clegg, Minister of Creative Arts, 399-9280, ext. 15, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advent/Christmas Art Brochure – Wondering about the artwork created in the Sanctuary during Advent and Christmas? Pick up a brochure at the Welcome Center or in the back of the sanctuary.
Marijke Strong, Minister of Congregational Care & Community Life, 399-9280, ext. 17, email@example.com
Linda Hutchison, Parish Nurse, 399-9280, ext. 22, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Consistory Nominations – TODAY is the deadline! Leadership matters! This is true in any family, group, organization or community. It is especially true in the life and mission of the local church. This is the time of year when we look to you to help us discern who God may be calling to serve in leadership on Fellowship’s Consistory. All confessing members 21 years or older are eligible, with the exception of those who are ineligible because of recent Consistory service. Please complete a nominations form and place in the ballot box at the Welcome Center or submit names online at http://goo.gl/forms/AjnpAKRG3Q.
- All-Church Art Night with Joel Schoon-Tanis – January 27th, 5:45pm dinner followed by 6:30pm Art Night Activities. Join us for an inter-generational, interactive Art Night with Joel and the Artist Cohort. Try your hand at painting, sketching, and creating in community with friends and family! All are welcome.
- HSM Spaghetti Fundraiser – High School Ministries is raising funds for their Summer Serve Mission Trip to the Rosebud Native American reservation. Sunday, February 28th after the 10:45 service, you can enjoy a delicious spaghetti meal and silent auction. We welcome your support by attending or donating to the silent auction. If you have items to donate, please contact Bryce or Stacey.
- Snow Removal Help Needed – on Saturdays and/or Sundays this winter. Please talk with Steve Braunius (email@example.com) or Dennis Roelofs if you are able and willing to help (pay is available).
- Linda Hutchison Hours Changing – Beginning January 11, our Parish Nurse, Linda, will have the following hours: M/T off; W/Th/F 8am-6pm; and the 2nd Sunday of the month from 8am-noon.
- Camp Geneva & CranHill Scholarship Policy – Fellowship will provide a scholarship of 20% for your child's camp experience this summer at either Camp Geneva or CranHill Ranch, up to $80.00 (one discount per child per year). This is only for members or active participants of Fellowship, please call the church office for the code. Please do not give out the code to friends or bunkmates, as that is not a part of our camp scholarship budget.
- Thank you! – to those who have donated yarn to the Knitting Missional Community. We have knit hats for chemotherapy patients, children in local schools, and other people in need of a warm gift. More yarn donations would be gladly accepted!
- Headed South for the Winter? – If you have a change of address during the winter months, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 399.9280. Also, indicate if you would like to receive bulletins in the mail. Please note if you have mail forwarding from your Michigan address, mail from Fellowship will not be forward because it is not first class mail.
- Weather Cancellations – Our policy is to cancel children/youth evening activities if West Ottawa closes or cancels. Information will be posted on the church website, Facebook, and the answering machine. Also check WOODTV, WWMT, or WHTC.
- College Students – looking for a summer job that matters? Camp Geneva, located in Holland, Michigan, is accepting applications for summer staff and will begin interviewing in January. Positions include: counselors, lifeguards, kitchen, maintenance and many more. Visit campgeneva.org for position descriptions and to print an application.
- Positive Options – the medical services of Lakeshore Pregnancy Center, is expanding our medical staff. We are in need of volunteer training models who are 7-15 weeks pregnant. Dates of training will be Jan. 11, 12 and 15th. All ultrasounds are performed under the supervision of a registered sonographer. Training models are advised to consult with their physician prior to volunteering. Please email email@example.com for an appointment.