Bulletin - January 3
CHILDREN & FAMILY
Betsy Bruins, Minister of Children and Families, 399-9280, ext. 18, email@example.com
Lisa Braunius, Nursery Coordinator, 399-9280, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Everybody Worships Sunday – Today is an Everybody Worships Sunday. All children 2nd-8th grades are invited to stay in the service with families. Children & Worship and Nursery are still offered.
- H2H Food-of-the-Month – Sunday School kids are now bringing in fruit cups. Put your donation on the table in the Gathering Place.
- Sunday School – Sunday School classes will resume on January 10.
- Community Nights – resume this Wednesday, January 6, with dinner at 5:45pm and GEMS, Boys’ Club, and Kingdom Kids at 6:15pm.
Bryce Vander Stelt, Minister of Youth & Young Adults, 399-9280, ext.23, email@example.com
Stacey Duensing, Youth Ministry Associate, firstname.lastname@example.org
- HSM – Our next gathering will be Sunday, January 10. We hope you all have a great Christmas break with family and friends.
- Elevate – meets this Wednesday, January 6, from 6:15-7:30pm in the Youth Center. All 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students are welcome. See you there!
- HSM Winter Retreat – All high school students are invited to our winter retreat on January 22-24. The cost is $99. We will be going to Gull Lake Ministries Retreat Center for a weekend of fun and fellowship. Please contact Bryce or Stacey to sign up.
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext.14, email@example.com
- Narrative Lectionary Devotions: January 3-March 27, 2015 – The Narrative Lectionary invites us to slow down the pace and savor the Gospel of Mark during the weeks between Christmas and Easter. We will explore some new ways of engaging with Scripture during the daily readings, which are outlined in the devotional reading guide. We trust together that God’s Spirit will guide our deeper learning as we move in closer to God’s Word and are drawn into God’s mission! New reading guides are available on the table in the concourse and in the back of the Sanctuary.
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext. 14, firstname.lastname@example.org
Karen Donker, Kids Hope USA Director and Hand2Hand Ministries Coordinator, 399-9280, ext. 13, email@example.com
- Hand2Hand Needs – instant oatmeal, tuna helper, pancake mix, applesauce fruit cups, canned chili, hamburger helper, fruit & cereal bars, and cheez-it type crackers. Your donations are greatly needed and appreciated! Thank you!!
- Breakfast with Baby – will be Saturday, January 9th. Current needs are: diapers (size new born, 2, 3, 4, and 5), wipes, and new/gently used winter clothes.
Brian Keepers, Minister of Congregational Leadership, 399-9280, ext. 12, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jordan Clegg, Minister of Creative Arts, 399-9280, ext. 15, email@example.com
- Study Leave – Pastor Brian will be on study leave December 27 through January 9 writing his dissertation for his Doctor of Ministry program.
Marijke Strong, Minister of Congregational Care & Community Life, 399-9280, ext. 17, firstname.lastname@example.org
Linda Hutchison, Parish Nurse, 399-9280, ext. 22, email@example.com
- Thank you! – The Fellowship office staff thanks you for the delicious treats and goodies you have blessed us with during the holiday season and all year long!
- Weather Cancellations – Our policy is to cancel children/youth evening activities if West Ottawa closes or cancels. Information will be posted on the church website, Facebook, and on the answering machine. You can also check WOODTV, WWMT, or WHTC.
- Baptism Class – Sunday, January 10, at 9:15am for parents desiring baptism for their children. Baptism will occur on Sunday, January 24, at the service of your choosing. Interested parents should register by contacting the church office or Hannah Clark (firstname.lastname@example.org or 616.510.8966). Deadline for this class is Monday, January 4.
- Discover Fellowship Luncheon Class – will be held Sunday, January 10, 12-2pm. This class is for those who would like to become members or learn more about Fellowship. If you have any questions or to sign up, please contact Mary Veele (email@example.com or 616.399.6545) or the church office. Deadline for this class is Monday, January 4.
- Community Nights – resume this Wednesday, January 6th, with dinner at 5:45pm. Followed by Alpha, Bible in a Year, and Women in the Word at 6:30pm.
- Consistory Nominations – Leadership matters! This is true in any family, group, organization or community. It is especially true in the life and mission of the local church. This is the time of year when we look to you to help us discern who God may be calling to serve in leadership on Fellowship’s Consistory. All confessing members 21 years or older are eligible, with the exception of those who are ineligible because of recent Consistory service. Please complete a nominations form and place in the ballot box at the Welcome Center or submit names online at http://goo.gl/forms/AjnpAKRG3Q by Sunday, January 10.
- Snow Removal Help Needed – Do you love being outside in the winter? We need help with snow removal on Saturdays and/or Sundays this winter. Please talk with Steve Braunius (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dennis Roelofs if you are able and willing to help (pay is available as well).
- Headed South for the Winter? – If you have a change of address during the winter months, please let us know by emailing email@example.com or calling 399.9280. Also, indicate if you would like to receive bulletins in the mail. Please note if you have mail forwarding from your Michigan address, they will not forward any mail from Fellowship because it is not first class mail.
- 40: The Biblical Story – Special offer through January 31, 2016! See the table in the concourse for more information on how to get your own copy!
- College Students – looking for a summer job that matters? Camp Geneva, located in Holland, Michigan, is accepting applications for summer staff and will begin interviewing in January. Positions include: counselors, lifeguards, kitchen, maintenance and many more. Visit campgeneva.org for position descriptions and to print an application.
- Positive Options, the medical services of Lakeshore Pregnancy Center, is expanding our medical staff. We are in need of volunteer training models who are 7-15 weeks pregnant. Dates of training will be Jan. 11, 12 and 15th. All ultrasounds are performed under the supervision of a registered sonographer. Training models are advised to consult with their physician prior to volunteering. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.