Bulletin - June 12
CHILDREN & FAMILY
Betsy Bruins, Minister of Children and Families, 399-9280, ext.18, firstname.lastname@example.org
Emily Rosendahl, Children's Ministry Assistant, 399-9280, email@example.com
- Children & Worship Information – Please see the calendar on the back of the bulletin for C&W times and room assignments.
- 2016 VBS – Cave Quest: Following Jesus, the Light of the World! June 20-24, 8:45-11:30am for ages four (Kinder 2017) through 5th grade. Once your child is registered you will get a free VBS CD with all of the songs! Register here to go directly to the registration page to participate or volunteer. Junior helpers can be sixth grade and up.
- Looking for VBS Crew Leaders - We have many openings for adult Crew Leaders to help with the 1st-5th graders (2 needed), especially the PreK/Kinders (1 needed), and Junior Crew leaders (6 needed). You do not teach a lesson but help kids as they rotate through stations. You also check kids in and out.
- Donations for VBS – Please place all donations in the bin that is in the concourse where the poster was by June 14. Thanks so much for all donations!
- VBS Mandatory Training – for all student and adult volunteers. Please pick ONE training to go to. Training will last one hour and will be on Sunday June 12 (7pm), Tuesday June 14 (8pm), and Wednesday June 15 (7pm).
Bryce Vander Stelt, Minister of Youth & Young Adults, 399-9280, ext.23, firstname.lastname@example.org
Stacey Duensing, Youth Ministry Associate, email@example.com
- HSM Bonfire – June 21 from 7-9pm at the Vander Stelt's.
- Elevate Lock-In – will be from 8pm on June 24- 8am on June 25. Email Bryce if you plan on attending.
- God’s Story, Our Story Devotional Reading Guide – guides through summer are now available at the Welcome Center.
Karen Donker, Kids Hope USA Director and Hand2Hand Ministries Coordinator, 399-9280, ext. 13, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hand2Hand Needs – Pancake Mix, Syrup, Vienna Sausages, Fruit & Cereal Bars, Saltine Crackers, Tuna Fish, Cream of Wheat Cereal, and Peanut Butter. Your donations are greatly needed and appreciated! Thank you!!
Community Summer Mission Project – Please pray for everyone involved in this ministry, also known as Meet Up & Eat Up, at Pine Acres Migrant Camp which begins June 13. Volunteers from Fellowship this week are: Karen Bader, Sue Scheerhorn, Kathy Wood, and Karen Donker. More volunteers are needed for the weeks of August 15-19 and August 22-26. Contact Karen Donker for more information.
Thank you – for your food donations for Hand2Hand Ministries. School is done for the summer, however hungry children in our community still need our help! So far, we have 12 families signed up to continue receiving Hand2Hand assistance throughout the summer. Please continue to donate the suggested food items. A list of these items can be found on the back of this bulletin, in the concourse by the Hand2Hand bulletin board, or on Fellowship's website.
Brian Keepers, Minister of Congregational Leadership, 399-9280, ext. 12, email@example.com
Jordan Clegg, Minister of Creative Arts, 399-9280, ext. 15, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Braunius, Interim Coordinator of Congregational Care, 399-9280, ext. 17, email@example.com
Linda Hutchison, Parish Nurse, 399-9280, ext. 22, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prayers for Campers – Please pray for the staff of Camp Geneva and the children who are attending. Those attending this week are: Evelyn Price, Ellory Tulgestke, Savanah Cano, Olivia Clarke, and Reed Duron.
- Lasagna Dinner Fundraiser – for Brian Arendsen, who is battling lymphoma, on Saturday, June 25, 3-9pm @ Fraternal Order of Eagles (20 N. 2nd St. Grand Haven). Cost is $10/ person. Contact Michelle @ 231-288-6466.
- Job Opening – we are seeking a flexible, reliable, detail-oriented person for a 30 hour per week office manager position starting July 18. Responsibilities will include front desk work, staff support, mailings, etc. Please go to www.fellowshipreformed.org/jobs for more information.
- Prison Penpals Needed – the Prison Penpals Missional Community is looking for 3 more penpals. Contact Lugene VanderKooi at email@example.com.
- LifeWalk 2016 - June 18, 2016 many will gather to celebrate LIFE! Lakeshore Pregnancy Center and its services of Positive Options and Best Life is hosting LifeWalk 2016. The event will provide for the work God is doing in walking alongside those faced with an unplanned pregnancy.
- Holy Land Engagement Tour with the Vises! – November 5-18, 2016. Great itinerary and great price ($3750 all inclusive with flight out of Chicago)! Experienced leaders - Marlin and Sally have led 54 tours over 10 years. Dr. Joshua Vis has been involved in Israel-Palestine since 2001. Meet the locals - both Jewish and Palestinian. Brochures available at the Welcome Center. For more information call Sally Vis at 616.610.2425 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cran Hill Ranch Hiring Summer Staff – See their website for information and an application. http://www.cranhillranch.com/#!employment/cflh
- My Brothers' and Sisters' Houses of the Holland Deacons' Conference – are presently looking for qualified and caring Christian individuals to become part of their ministry team. They presently have opening for part-time Residential Support Staff during the day, evenings, overnights, and weekends. Interested individuals should contact HDC by email at email@example.com for more information or to request an employment application and position description. Holland Deacons' Conference, 272 E 26th St., Holland, MI 49423
- Good Samaritan Ministries is preparing for our 2nd Annual Wild Run, which will be held August 20th, 2016! – This is an obstacle run for kids ages 4-13 that will be held on the Macatawa Greenway System at Ridge Point Community Church. All of the obstacles will be provided and built by local companies. Registration is open now, and we will be accepting new runners until the day of the race. All profits will go to our youth programming here at Good Samaritan Ministries.
- Positive Options (a service of Lakeshore Pregnancy Center) – is in need of volunteers to DRIVE the Mobile Medical Center to different events, parades, and outings in the West Michigan area! Do you have experience driving large vehicles (no special license required), have a heart for this ministry, and a little time on your hands? To find out about this unique opportunity please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- City on a Hill Cafe Director – City on a Hill Cafe is in search of a new Director. Qualified individuals will have a heart for ministry and the staff and volunteers and have strong leadership skills. The individual will be organized and have a strong work ethic. The new Director will have a good working knowledge of food service and be Serv-Safe certified. 30-35 hours per week. Call 748-6061 for more info.