Bulletin - June 5
CHILDREN & FAMILY
Betsy Bruins, Minister of Children and Families, 399-9280, ext.18, firstname.lastname@example.org
Emily Rosendahl, Children's Ministry Assistant, 399-9280, email@example.com
- Children & Worship Information – Please see the calendar on the back of the bulletin for C&W times and room assignments.
- 2016 Vacation Bible School – Cave Quest: Following Jesus, the Light of the World! June 20-24, 8:45-11:30am for ages four (Kinder 2017) through 5th grade. Once your child is registered you will get a free VBS CD with all of the songs! Register online thru the church website or scan the QR code to go directly to the registration page to participate or volunteer. Junior helpers can be sixth grade and up.
- Looking for VBS Crew Leaders - We have many openings for adult Crew Leaders to help with the 1st-5th graders (8 needed), especially the PreK/Kinders (2 needed), and lots of Junior Crew leaders. You do not teach a lesson but help kids as they rotate through stations. You also check kids in and out. Use the QR code to sign up.
- Donations for VBS – Please grab a sticky note from the poster in the concourse and place your donation in the crate under the poster by June 12. Thank you!
- VBS Mandatory Training – for all student and adult volunteers. Please pick ONE training to go to. Training will last one hour and will be on Sunday June 12 (7pm), Tuesday June 14 (8pm), and Wednesday June 15 (7pm).
Bryce Vander Stelt, Minister of Youth & Young Adults, 399-9280, ext.23, firstname.lastname@example.org
Stacey Duensing, Youth Ministry Associate, email@example.com
- HSM Bonfire – June 21 from 7-9pm at the Vander Stelt's.
- Elevate Lock-In – will be from 8pm on June 24- 8am on June 25. Email Bryce if you plan on attending.
- God’s Story, Our Story Devotional Reading Guide – guides through summer are now available at the Welcome Center.
Karen Donker, Kids Hope USA Director and Hand2Hand Ministries Coordinator, 399-9280, ext. 13, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hand2Hand Needs – cereal, instant oatmeal, saltine crackers, peanut butter, jelly, rice, canned chili, pancake mix, syrup, and granola bars. Your donations are greatly needed and appreciated! Thank you!!
Brian Keepers, Minister of Congregational Leadership, 399-9280, ext. 12, email@example.com
Jordan Clegg, Minister of Creative Arts, 399-9280, ext. 15, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Braunius, Interim Coordinator of Congregational Care, 399-9280, ext. 17, email@example.com
Linda Hutchison, Parish Nurse, 399-9280, ext. 22, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lasagna Dinner fundraiser – for Brian Arendsen, who is battling lymphoma, on Saturday, June 25, 3-9pm @ Fraternal Order of Eagles (20 N. 2nd St. Grand Haven). Cost is $10/ person. Contact Michelle @ 231-288-6466.
- Job Opening – we are seeking a flexible, reliable, detail-oriented person for a 30 hour per week office manager position starting July 18. Responsibilities will include front desk work, staff support, mailings, etc. Please go to www.fellowshipreformed.org/jobs for more information.
- Prison Penpals Needed – the Prison Penpals Missional Community is looking for 3 more penpals. Contact Lugene VanderKooi at email@example.com.
- Congratulations Class of 2016:
- High School Graduates
- Patrick Arthurs, WOHS
- Tayler Bethke, WOHS
- Becca Bruins, WOHS
- Jacob Fris, BRPS
- Carleigh Eidson, WOHS
- Drew Jansma, WOHS
- Haley Kempker, WOHS
- Cody Kerstin, WOHS
- Jackson Klamt, WOHS
- Brennan Lane, WOHS
- Nowela Mirembe, HHS
- Brent Paarlberg, WOHS
- Ashley Perkins, WOHS
- Jacob Rabe, BRPS
- Matt Rabe, BRPS
- Rachel Rutgers, WOHS
- Austin Steggerda, WOHS
- Sam Vandermolen, HCHS
- Andrew Vorpagel, BRPS
- Annie Walsh, WOHS
- John Wehermeyer, WOHS
- Alex Wuerfel, WOHS
- College Graduates
- Alex Arthurs, Hope College
- Kristine Monhollon, University of Michigan
- Taylor Pratt, Purdue University
- Danny Vorpagel, Michigan State University
- High School Graduates
- LifeWalk 2016 - June 18, 2016 many will gather to celebrate LIFE! Lakeshore Pregnancy Center and its services of Positive Options and Best Life is hosting LifeWalk 2016. The event will provide for the work God is doing in walking alongside those faced with an unplanned pregnancy.
- Cran Hill Ranch Hiring Summer Staff – See their website for information and an application. http://www.cranhillranch.com/#!employment/cflh
- My Brothers' and Sisters' Houses of the Holland Deacons' Conference – are presently looking for qualified and caring Christian individuals to become part of their ministry team. They presently have opening for part-time Residential Support Staff during the day, evenings, overnights, and weekends. Interested individuals should contact HDC by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to request an employment application and position description. Holland Deacons' Conference, 272 E 26th St., Holland, MI 49423
- Good Samaritan Ministries is preparing for our 2nd Annual Wild Run, which will be held August 20th, 2016! – This is an obstacle run for kids ages 4-13 that will be held on the Macatawa Greenway System at Ridge Point Community Church. All of the obstacles will be provided and built by local companies. Registration is open now, and we will be accepting new runners until the day of the race. All profits will go to our youth programming here at Good Samaritan Ministries.