Bulletin - May 8
CHILDREN & FAMILY
Betsy Bruins, Minister of Children and Families, 399-9280, ext.18, firstname.lastname@example.org
Emily Rosendahl, Children's Ministry Assistant, 399-9280, email@example.com
Children & Worship and Sunday School Information – Please see the calendar on the back of the bulletin for C&W and Sunday School times and room assignments.
May 15 Last Day of Sunday School– Please see note that Sunday school will end on May 15. This will be a combined Sunday school time at 10am.
Sunday School H2H Food-of-the-Month – We are collecting "The Great Eight" through the end of May for making breakfast and snack packs: 100% juice boxes, instant oatmeal packets, individual serving cereal boxes, fruit cups, granola bars, pudding cups, fruit snacks, and cheese & cracker packets. Thank you!
2016 VBS – Cave Quest: Following Jesus, the Light of the World! VBS is June 20-24, 8:30 to 11:30am for ages 4 (Kinder 2017) through entering 5th grade. Registration online NOW for children and volunteers.
Bryce Vander Stelt, Minister of Youth & Young Adults, 399-9280, ext.23, firstname.lastname@example.org
Stacey Duensing, Youth Ministry Associate, email@example.com
HSM – tonight we are going to talk about your faith story and how you can begin to share it with others. Join us tonight from 6-8pm in the Youth Center.
Elevate – summer calendars are now available in the Youth Center.
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext.14, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spring Devotionals – are available at the back of the Sanctuary, the Welcome Center, and the table in the Concourse. Join us as we dwell in the book of Acts!
- New Bible Study on Acts – Join Pastor Brian and Dr. John Brogan for a 6 week study on the book of Acts. We will do an in-depth exploration of how the Holy Spirit was on the move in the early church and is still on the move in our lives today! Wednesdays in the Gathering Place from 6:30-7:45pm, April 13-May 18. Contact Pastor Brian for info.
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext. 14, email@example.com
Karen Donker, Kids Hope USA Director and Hand2Hand Ministries Coordinator, 399-9280, ext. 13, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hand2Hand Needs – mac & cheese, individually packaged cheese and crackers, saltine crackers, rice cereal, chicken helper, pop tarts
Hand2Hand families send their thanks – We have begun to receive a few thank you notes from families who have participated in Hand2Hand during 2015-2016. These notes are being collected and will be shared with you as the school year draws to an end in June. Through your donations, we have been able to provide over 200 children who may otherwise have gone hungry with weekend supplemental food. Well done!! PLEASE continue to be faithful with your donations. The weekly output of food continues even when donations are low, which means we need to purchase menu items we don't have in our pantry.
Breakfast with Baby – will be Saturday, May 14. Current needs are: diapers (size newborn, 2, 3, 4, and 5), wipes, and new/gently used summer clothes.
Brian Keepers, Minister of Congregational Leadership, 399-9280, ext. 12, email@example.com
Jordan Clegg, Minister of Creative Arts, 399-9280, ext. 15, firstname.lastname@example.org
- New Worship Schedule – Summer worship times begin May 15. Worship will be at 8 and 10am.
- Kudos Sunday - Join us May 22 as we give thanks to everyone who helps to enrich our life and ministry at Fellowship.
Lisa Braunius, Interim Coordinator of Congregational Care, 399-9280, ext. 17, email@example.com
Linda Hutchison, Parish Nurse, 399-9280, ext. 22, firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Congregational Meeting and Vote – On May 15, services will be at 8 and 10am. A special congregational meeting will happen at 11am to vote on the Consistory’s recommendation to extend a call to our 2 candidates.
Calling All Gardeners – the garden will be ready by mid-May. Sign up for a plot on the sheet by the welcome center. Available on a first come, first served basis.
Jonathan Vanderbeck Ordination – May 15 at Hope Church (77 West 11th St.) at 4pm, with a reception at 5pm. Hope Church is requesting help with appetizers, fingerfoods, and desserts for the reception. To help, please contact Linda Milanowski at email@example.com or 616.836.8047.
Jubilee Neighborhood Block Party June 12 – Please save the date for a special celebration of our 50th Jubilee Anniversary! From 1-4pm, we will have food, games, art, and more. Don’t miss the special concert at 2pm featuring Jars of Clay, with opening act, The Voice. Free for everyone!
- Second Reformed Church Spring Art Show – featuring works by Joel Schoon-Tanis will run March 20 through June 5. Everyone is invited to attend the show during Open Gallery Hours: Sunday—11:15am to 1pm; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 9:30am to 3:30pm; and Friday from 9:30am to 12pm. If you have questions, please contact Hope in the Second Church office at 616.772.2153.
- LifeWalk 2016 - June 18, 2016 many will gather to celebrate LIFE! Lakeshore Pregnancy Center and its services of Positive Options and Best Life is hosting LifeWalk 2016. The event will provide for the work God is doing in walking alongside those faced with an unplanned pregnancy.
- Cran Hill Ranch Hiring Summer Staff – See their website for information and an application. http://www.cranhillranch.com/#!employment/cflh
The Family LIFE Center is now accepting Resumes for the Executive Director position. If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15, 2016.