Bulletin - May 15
CHILDREN & FAMILY
Betsy Bruins, Minister of Children and Families, 399-9280, ext.18, firstname.lastname@example.org
Emily Rosendahl, Children's Ministry Assistant, 399-9280, email@example.com
May 15 Last Day of Sunday School– Please see note that Sunday school will end on May 15. This will be a combined Sunday school time at 10am.
Sunday School H2H Food-of-the-Month – We are collecting "The Great Eight" through the end of May for making breakfast and snack packs: 100% juice boxes, instant oatmeal packets, individual serving cereal boxes, fruit cups, granola bars, pudding cups, fruit snacks, and cheese & cracker packets. Thank you!
2016 VBS – Cave Quest: Following Jesus, the Light of the World! VBS is June 20-24, 8:30 to 11:30am for ages 4 (Kinder 2017) through entering 5th grade. Registration online NOW for children and volunteers.
Looking for VBS Crew Leaders- We have many openings for adult Crew Leaders to help with the 1st-5th graders (12 needed) and especially the PreK/Kinders (4 needed). You do not teach a lesson but help kids as they rotate through stations. You also check kids in and out.
Bryce Vander Stelt, Minister of Youth & Young Adults, 399-9280, ext.23, firstname.lastname@example.org
Stacey Duensing, Youth Ministry Associate, email@example.com
HSM – Please remember that there is no HSM tonight. We will have our final night next week Sunday, May 22.
Elevate – summer calendars are now available in the Youth Center.
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext.14, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spring Devotionals – are available at the back of the Sanctuary, the Welcome Center, and the table in the Concourse. Join us as we dwell in the book of Acts!
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext. 14, email@example.com
Karen Donker, Kids Hope USA Director and Hand2Hand Ministries Coordinator, 399-9280, ext. 13, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hand2Hand Needs – mac & cheese, canned spaghetti sauce, fruit snacks, saltine crackers, rice, cereal, canned chili, chicken helper, fruit cups (all varieties)
Brian Keepers, Minister of Congregational Leadership, 399-9280, ext. 12, email@example.com
Jordan Clegg, Minister of Creative Arts, 399-9280, ext. 15, firstname.lastname@example.org
- New Worship Schedule – Summer worship times begin May 15. Worship will be at 8 and 10am.
- Kudos Sunday - Join us May 22 as we give thanks to everyone who helps to enrich our life and ministry at Fellowship.
Lisa Braunius, Interim Coordinator of Congregational Care, 399-9280, ext. 17, email@example.com
Linda Hutchison, Parish Nurse, 399-9280, ext. 22, firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Congregational Meeting and Vote – On May 15, services will be at 8 and 10am. A special congregational meeting will happen at 11am to vote on the Consistory’s recommendation to extend a call to our 2 candidates.
Calling All Gardeners – the garden will be ready by mid-May. Sign up for a plot on the sheet by the welcome center. Available on a first come, first served basis.
Jonathan Vanderbeck Ordination – The Holland Classis is ordaining Licensed Candidate Jonathan Vanderbeck to the Office of Minister of Word and sacrament at a special service which will be held on Sunday, May 15, 4:00PM at Hope Church (77 W 11th St, Holland, MI 49423). Jonathan will then join the pastoral staff at the First Reformed Church of Schenectady NY. Reception to follow at 5pm.
Jubilee Neighborhood Block Party June 12 – Please save the date for a special celebration of our 50th Jubilee Anniversary! From 1-4pm, we will have food, games, art, and more. Don’t miss the special concert at 2pm featuring Jars of Clay, with opening act, The Voice. Free for everyone!
North Parking Lot – is getting torn out next week. A base coat of asphalt will be down and temporary lines painted before church on Sunday, 5/22.
Ken Chamberlin Memorial Service – at Fellowship Saturday, May 21st at 11:00am.
- Second Reformed Church Spring Art Show – featuring works by Joel Schoon-Tanis will run March 20 through June 5. Everyone is invited to attend the show during Open Gallery Hours: Sunday—11:15am to 1pm; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 9:30am to 3:30pm; and Friday from 9:30am to 12pm. If you have questions, please contact Hope in the Second Church office at 616.772.2153.
- LifeWalk 2016 - June 18, 2016 many will gather to celebrate LIFE! Lakeshore Pregnancy Center and its services of Positive Options and Best Life is hosting LifeWalk 2016. The event will provide for the work God is doing in walking alongside those faced with an unplanned pregnancy.
- Cran Hill Ranch Hiring Summer Staff – See their website for information and an application. http://www.cranhillranch.com/#!employment/cflh
My Brothers' and Sisters' Houses of the Holland Deacons' Conference are presently looking for qualified and caring Christian individuals to become part of their ministry team. They presently have opening for part-time Residential Support Staff during the day, evenings, overnights, and weekends. Interested individuals should contact HDC by email at email@example.com for more information or to request an employment application and position description. Holland Deacons' Conference, 272 E 26th St., Holland, MI 49423
Job Fair at Intersection Ministries - Tues, May 24, 1-4pm. 945 136th Ave. (corner of Riley & 136th). Bring your resume to see companies like West MI Works, Art Van, Dialog Direct, Yangeng, Dykhuis Farms, Boer's Transportation, and more.