Bulletin - May 22
CHILDREN & FAMILY
Betsy Bruins, Minister of Children and Families, 399-9280, ext.18, firstname.lastname@example.org
Emily Rosendahl, Children's Ministry Assistant, 399-9280, email@example.com
- Children & Worship Information – Please see the calendar on the back of the bulletin for C&W times and room assignments.
- 1st Grade Graduation from Children & Worship– Please join us for a time of celebration TODAY at the end of the service in the C&W room.
- Sunday School H2H Food-of-the-Month – We are collecting "The Great Eight" through the end of May for making breakfast and snack packs. Thank you!
- 2016 VBS – Cave Quest: Following Jesus, the Light of the World! June 20-24, 8:45-11:30am for ages four (Kinder 2017) through 5th grade. Once your child is registered you will get a free VBS CD with all of the songs! Register online thru the church website or scan the QR code to go directly to the registration page to participate or volunteer. Junior helpers can be sixth grade and up.
- Looking for VBS Crew Leaders- We have many openings for adult Crew Leaders to help with the 1st-5th graders (12 needed) and especially the PreK/Kinders (4 needed). You do not teach a lesson but help kids as they rotate through stations. You also check kids in and out.
- Donations for VBS – Please grab a sticky note from the poster in the concourse and place your donation in the crate under the poster by June 12. Thank you!
Bryce Vander Stelt, Minister of Youth & Young Adults, 399-9280, ext.23, firstname.lastname@example.org
Stacey Duensing, Youth Ministry Associate, email@example.com
- HSM – tonight is our final meeting of the school year. Join us at Tunnel Park at 6pm.
- Congrats Graduates! – Join us June 5 at the 10am service for recognition and celebration with the congregation.
- Elevate – summer calendars are now available in the Youth Center.
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext.14, firstname.lastname@example.org
- God’s Story, Our Story Devotional Reading Guide – guides through summer are now available at the Welcome Center
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext. 14, email@example.com
Karen Donker, Kids Hope USA Director and Hand2Hand Ministries Coordinator, 399-9280, ext. 13, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hand2Hand Needs – canned spaghetti sauce, saltine crackers, rice, cereal, canned chili
Brian Keepers, Minister of Congregational Leadership, 399-9280, ext. 12, email@example.com
Jordan Clegg, Minister of Creative Arts, 399-9280, ext. 15, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Braunius, Interim Coordinator of Congregational Care, 399-9280, ext. 17, email@example.com
Linda Hutchison, Parish Nurse, 399-9280, ext. 22, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office closed for Memorial Day – The office will be closed on May 30.
- New Members Coffee – June 5 at 9am in MC34/35. All new or recent members are encouraged to join us.
- Glimpses of Nicaragua – members who joined in the trip to Bluefields, NI will be sharing stories and pictures on June 5 at 9am in the Great Room.
- Graduation Sunday June 5 – if you have a student who is graduating, please contact the front office or email email@example.com so we can include them in our list of graduates. Please include name and where they are graduating from.
- Lasagna Dinner fundraiser – for Brian Arendsen, who is battling lymphoma, on Saturday, June 25, 3-9 pm @ Fraternal Order of Eagles (20 N. 2nd St. Grand Haven). Cost is $10/ person. Contact Michelle @ 231-288-6466.
- Second Reformed Church Spring Art Show – featuring works by Joel Schoon-Tanis will run March 20 through June 5. Everyone is invited to attend the show during Open Gallery Hours: Sunday—11:15am to 1pm; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 9:30am to 3:30pm; and Friday from 9:30am to 12pm. If you have questions, please contact Hope in the Second Church office at 616.772.2153.
- LifeWalk 2016 - June 18, 2016 many will gather to celebrate LIFE! Lakeshore Pregnancy Center and its services of Positive Options and Best Life is hosting LifeWalk 2016. The event will provide for the work God is doing in walking alongside those faced with an unplanned pregnancy.
- Cran Hill Ranch Hiring Summer Staff – See their website for information and an application. http://www.cranhillranch.com/#!employment/cflh
My Brothers' and Sisters' Houses of the Holland Deacons' Conference are presently looking for qualified and caring Christian individuals to become part of their ministry team. They presently have opening for part-time Residential Support Staff during the day, evenings, overnights, and weekends. Interested individuals should contact HDC by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to request an employment application and position description. Holland Deacons' Conference, 272 E 26th St., Holland, MI 49423