Bulletin - May 1
CHILDREN & FAMILY
Betsy Bruins, Minister of Children and Families, 399-9280, ext.18, email@example.com
Emily Rosendahl, Children's Ministry Assistant, 399-9280, firstname.lastname@example.org
Children & Worship and Sunday School Information – Please see the calendar on the back of the bulletin for C&W and Sunday School times and room assignments.
May 15 Last Day of Sunday School– Please see note that Sunday school will end on May 15. This will be a combined Sunday school time at 10am.
Sunday School H2H Food-of-the-Month – We are collecting "The Great Eight" through the end of May for making breakfast and snack packs: 100% juice boxes, instant oatmeal packets, individual serving cereal boxes, fruit cups, granola bars, pudding cups, fruit snacks, and cheese & cracker packets. Thank you!
2016 VBS – Cave Quest: Following Jesus, the Light of the World! VBS is June 20-24, 8:30 to 11:30am for ages 4 (Kinder 2017) through entering 5th grade. Registration online NOW for children and volunteers.
Bryce Vander Stelt, Minister of Youth & Young Adults, 399-9280, ext.23, email@example.com
Stacey Duensing, Youth Ministry Associate, firstname.lastname@example.org
HSM – tonight is panel night. The leaders will share our stories with you, and you get to ask us any questions you'd like. All high schoolers are welcome from 6-8pm.
Elevate – we are done for the year, but be sure to keep your eyes open for summer dates coming soon.
Summer Serve Dates to Know – we will hold another training session today at noon in the Youth Center. Lunch will be provided.
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext.14, email@example.com
- Spring Devotionals – are available at the back of the Sanctuary, the Welcome Center, and the table in the Concourse. Join us as we dwell in the book of Acts!
- New Bible Study on Acts – Join Pastor Brian and Dr. John Brogan for a 6 week study on the book of Acts. We will do an in-depth exploration of how the Holy Spirit was on the move in the early church and is still on the move in our lives today! Wednesdays in the Gathering Place from 6:30-7:45pm, April 13-May 18. Contact Pastor Brian for info.
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext. 14, firstname.lastname@example.org
Karen Donker, Kids Hope USA Director and Hand2Hand Ministries Coordinator, 399-9280, ext. 13, email@example.com
Hand2Hand Needs – canned chili, rice, cereal, pancake mix, syrup, jelly (plastic containers), canned spaghetti sauce, pop tarts, saltine crackers
Hand2Hand Please and Thank You! – THANK YOU for all of your donations thus far for our Hand2Hand families during the 2015-2016 school year! Through your donations, we have been able to provide weekend supplemental food to over 200 children who otherwise may go without. Well done!! PLEASE continue to be faithful with your donations. The weekly output of food continues even when donations are low, which means we need to purchase menu items we don't have in our pantry.
Breakfast with Baby – will be Saturday, May 14. Current needs are: diapers (size newborn, 2, 3, 4, and 5), wipes, and new/gently used summer clothes.
Brian Keepers, Minister of Congregational Leadership, 399-9280, ext. 12, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jordan Clegg, Minister of Creative Arts, 399-9280, ext. 15, email@example.com
- New Worship Schedule – Summer worship times begin May 15. Worship will be at 8 and 10am.
Lisa Braunius, Interim Coordinator of Congregational Care, 399-9280, ext. 17, firstname.lastname@example.org
Linda Hutchison, Parish Nurse, 399-9280, ext. 22, email@example.com
Special Congregational Meeting and Vote – On May 15, services will be at 8 and 10am. A special congregational meeting will happen at 11am to vote on the Consistory’s recommendation to extend a call to our 2 candidates.
PrimeTimers Tulip Time Luncheon & Show – Thursday, May 5 at 11am. Cost is $20. Sign up on the postcards in the pew or call the church office.
Calling All Gardeners – the garden will be ready by mid-May. Sign up for a plot on the sheet by the welcomecenter. Available on a first come, first served basis.
Linda Hutchison on vacation – May 9-22, Linda will be in the Grand Canyon. You are still able to contact her by phone or email, however, her cell reception may not be good.
Blood Drive Success – Thank you to the 18 people who registered to give blood. 13 units were drawn– that potentially saves 39 lives thanks to your efforts!
- Second Reformed Church Spring Art Show – featuring works by Joel Schoon-Tanis will run March 20 through June 5. Everyone is invited to attend the show during Open Gallery Hours: Sunday—11:15am to 1pm; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 9:30am to 3:30pm; and Friday from 9:30am to 12pm. If you have questions, please contact Hope in the Second Church office at 616.772.2153.
- LifeWalk 2016 - June 18, 2016 many will gather to celebrate LIFE! Lakeshore Pregnancy Center and its services of Positive Options and Best Life is hosting LifeWalk 2016. The event will provide for the work God is doing in walking alongside those faced with an unplanned pregnancy.
- Cran Hill Ranch Hiring Summer Staff – See their website for information and an application. http://www.cranhillranch.com/#!employment/cflh
- Cran Hill Ranch Clean-Up Weekend – April 29-May 1. Cran Hill offers families a FREE weekend of camping in return for help cleaning the ranch to prepare for summer.