Bulletin - April 24
CHILDREN & FAMILY
Betsy Bruins, Minister of Children and Families, 399-9280, ext.18, email@example.com
Emily Rosendahl, Children's Ministry Assistant, 399-9280, firstname.lastname@example.org
Children & Worship and Sunday School Information – Please see the calendar on the back of the bulletin for C&W and Sunday School times and room assignments.
Sunday School H2H Food-of-the-Month – We are collecting "The Great Eight" through the end of May for making breakfast and snack packs: 100% juice boxes, instant oatmeal packets, individual serving cereal boxes, fruit cups, granola bars, pudding cups, fruit snacks, and cheese & cracker packets. Thank you!
2016 VBS – Cave Quest: Following Jesus, the Light of the World! VBS is June 20-24, 8:30 to 11:30am for ages 4 (Kinder 2017) through entering 5th grade. Registration for children and volunteers will be online starting mid-April.
Bryce Vander Stelt, Minister of Youth & Young Adults, 399-9280, ext.23, email@example.com
Stacey Duensing, Youth Ministry Associate, firstname.lastname@example.org
HSM – tonight we are excited to welcome guests from the RCA who will be taking us through an exercise on cultural sensitivity. Meet us in the youth center from 6-8pm.
Elevate – this week is our last meeting of the school year. Come and join us Wednesday from 6-7:30pm in the Youth Center. All middle schoolers welcome!
Summer Serve Dates to Know – training sessions will be held on May 1 at noon and June 12 at 5pm. Your next payment of $100 will also be due at the May 1 meeting.
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext.14, email@example.com
- Spring Devotionals – are available at the back of the Sanctuary, the Welcome Center, and the table in the Concourse. Join us as we dwell in the book of Acts!
- New Bible Study on Acts – Join Pastor Brian and Dr. John Brogan for a 6 week study on the book of Acts. We will do an in-depth exploration of how the Holy Spirit was on the move in the early church and is still on the move in our lives today! Wednesdays in the Gathering Place from 6:30-7:45pm, April 13-May 18. Contact Pastor Brian for info.
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext. 14, firstname.lastname@example.org
Karen Donker, Kids Hope USA Director and Hand2Hand Ministries Coordinator, 399-9280, ext. 13, email@example.com
Hand2Hand Needs – Hamburger Helper, Chicken Helper, Fruit cups– all varieties, boxed saltine crackers, Cereal, Pancake mix, Syrup, Canned spaghetti sauce, pudding cups, canned veggies, canned tuna, chunky soup, fruit snacks, pop tarts
Hand2Hand Please and Thank You! – THANK YOU for all of your donations thus far for our Hand2Hand families during the 2015-2016 school year! Through your donations, we have been able to provide weekend supplemental food to over 200 children who otherwise may go without. Well done!! PLEASE continue to be faithful with your donations. The weekly output of food continues even when donations are low, which means we need to purchase menu items we don't have in our pantry.
Donations Needed – for the Community Summer Mission Project at Pine Acres Migrant Camp! There is a list of requested donation items in the concourse by the Hand2Hand grocery carts. Please consider taking one of the pink or yellow sticky notes off of the plastic bin with a suggested item written on it. The item can be returned to the plastic bin any time in April or May. Items needed include: beach towels, bubbles, sidewalk chalk, plastic jump ropes, wiffle ball and bat sets, and books of all kinds and levels. Thank you for your support!!
Brian Keepers, Minister of Congregational Leadership, 399-9280, ext. 12, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jordan Clegg, Minister of Creative Arts, 399-9280, ext. 15, email@example.com
- April 24 Service Times – On Sunday, April 24, services will be at 8am and 10am. The Congregational Meeting will be held at 11am, with a celebration to follow.
Lisa Braunius, Interim Coordinator of Congregational Care, 399-9280, ext. 17, firstname.lastname@example.org
Linda Hutchison, Parish Nurse, 399-9280, ext. 22, email@example.com
PrimeTimers Tulip Time Luncheon & Show – Thursday, May 5 at 11am. Cost is $20. Sign up on the postcards in the pew or call the church office.
Calling All Gardeners – the garden will be ready by mid-May. Sign up for a plot on the sheet by the welcomecenter. Available on a first come, first served basis.
- Second Reformed Church Spring Art Show – featuring works by Joel Schoon-Tanis will run March 20 through June 5. Everyone is invited to attend the show during Open Gallery Hours: Sunday—11:15am to 1pm; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 9:30am to 3:30pm; and Friday from 9:30am to 12pm. If you have questions, please contact Hope in the Second Church office at 616.772.2153.
- Clothing Give Away – Saturday, April 30, 9am to 12pm. Men's, women's, and children's spring and summer clothing available to ALL at NO charge. Feeding America Food Truck will there at 10am (first come first serve basis; please bring your own containers). Harvest Bible Chapel, Corner of US 31 and Stanton St, West Olive, Michigan.
- LifeWalk 2016 - June 18, 2016 many will gather to celebrate LIFE! Lakeshore Pregnancy Center and its services of Positive Options and Best Life is hosting LifeWalk 2016. The event will provide for the work God is doing in walking alongside those faced with an unplanned pregnancy.
- Meet Your Farmer – open house at Eighth Day Farm’s Holland Town Center (12330 James St) on April 26 (3:30-6pm) and April 30 (10am-noon). All are invited! Walk the land, learn about participating in our CSA, chat with Farmer Kyle. Get a coupon for a free plant at our upcoming May plant sale! ?? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cran Hill Ranch Hiring Summer Staff – See their website for information and an application. http://www.cranhillranch.com/#!employment/cflh
- Cran Hill Ranch Clean-Up Weekend – April 29-May 1. Cran Hill offers families a FREE weekend of camping in return for help cleaning the ranch to prepare for summer.