Bulletin - February 7
CHILDREN & FAMILY
Betsy Bruins, Minister of Children and Families, 399-9280, ext.18, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Braunius, Nursery Coordinator, 399-9280, email@example.com
- Children & Worship and Sunday School Information – Please see the calendar on the back of the bulletin for C&W and Sunday School times and room assignments.
- Sunday School H2H Food-of-the-Month – fruit and cereal bars. Can we pile 100 boxes on the table in the Gathering Place?
- Ash Wednesday Service – No Kingdom Kids, GEMS, or Boys' Club this Wednesday, February 10. We will be gathering for our Ash Wednesday Service instead at 7pm. No meal will be served.
- VBS Dates are June 20-24 – More details coming soon!
Bryce Vander Stelt, Minister of Youth & Young Adults, 399-9280, ext.23, firstname.lastname@example.org
Stacey Duensing, Youth Ministry Associate, email@example.com
- HSM – High schoolers, come join us for a Super Bowl party tonight at the Vander Stelt's (21 Iroquois Ave, Holland). We will start at 6pm and go till the end of the game. Please bring an appetizer or dessert to share.
- Elevate – This Wednesday night is the Ash Wednesday service. We will not have youth group, but we encourage you and your families to join us for this night of worship.
- HSM Summer Serve Trip – SIGN UP NOW! There is still time for current 9th-12th graders to sign up for our Summer Serve Trip to the Rosebud Reservation in South Dakota this July 9-17. Please talk to Bryce Vander Stelt or Stacey Duensing for more info.
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext.14, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spiritual Fitness – The class will be focusing on a Bible Study through the book of Mark that coordinates with each Sunday's sermon. The class meets at 9:15am in MC31. Anyone is welcome to drop in or to join these discussions!
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext. 14, email@example.com
Karen Donker, Kids Hope USA Director and Hand2Hand Ministries Coordinator, 399-9280, ext. 13, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hand2Hand Needs – instant oatmeal packets, saltine or club crackers, pancake mix, fruit & cereal bars, Vienna sausage, fruit snacks, mac & cheese, fruit cups (all varieties), and peanut butter. Your donations are greatly needed and appreciated! Thank you!!
- Breakfast with Baby – will be Saturday, February 13th. Current needs are: diapers (size new born, 2, 3, 4, and 5), wipes, and new/gently used winter clothes.
Brian Keepers, Minister of Congregational Leadership, 399-9280, ext. 12, email@example.com
Jordan Clegg, Minister of Creative Arts, 399-9280, ext. 15, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ash Wednesday Service - Wednesday, February 10 at 7pm.
Marijke Strong, Minister of Congregational Care & Community Life, 399-9280, ext. 17, email@example.com
Linda Hutchison, Parish Nurse, 399-9280, ext. 22, firstname.lastname@example.org
- No Community Nights this Week, 2/10 – join us for the Ash Wednesday Service.
- Community Nights Meal Crew – needs servers for Wednesday Night meals. This is a great opportunity for families (middle school & older kids only, please). Please sign up at the Welcome Center if you are able to help!
- Church Directory – we are no longer using Instant Church Directory. Please remove this app from all devices as the information in it is outdated. Current contact information is now in the CCB database. If you need assistance logging into CCB, please call the church office. To update your contact information, please email Anna at email@example.com.
- Stretching & Yoga Class – will meet on Thursday evenings from 5:30- 6:30pm through March 10th. We will start with devotions and then do some stretching exercises to loosen up, followed by yoga. Please come join us! It is suggested that you wear comfortable clothes and that you bring a mat. If you are interested, call Linda Hutchison at 399-9280 x22 and feel free to leave a message.
- Prison Pen Pals Missional Community – is looking for 4 people to be pen pals. Please contact Lugene Vander Kooi at 616.212.3176 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HSM Spaghetti Fundraiser – Sunday, February 28th after the 10:45 service, you can enjoy a delicious spaghetti meal and silent auction to help High School Ministries raise funds for their Summer Serve Mission Trip to. If you have items to donate, please contact Bryce or Stacey.
- 2016 Summer Trip to Israel-Palestine! – Last summer 16 people connected with Fellowship traveled to Israel-Palestine with Marlin and Josh Vis to host an arts camp at Shepherd’s High School in Beit-Sahour (near Bethlehem). This summer we’re going back, only this time we will host both an arts camp and a sports camp July 18 – July 29! Are you interested in joining us? Go to our website for more information and/or talk to Pastor Brian. A significant portion of proceeds from sales of Joel Schoon-Tanis’ book 40 and prints of his paintings are designated towards supporting this mission trip. Visit his website: joel-schoon-tanis-art.myshopify.com/. Please register by April 15.
- Camp Geneva & CranHill Scholarship Policy – Fellowship will provide a scholarship of 20% for your child at either Camp Geneva or CranHill Ranch, up to $80.00 (one discount per child per year). This is only for members or active participants of Fellowship, please call the church office for the code. Please do not give out the code to friends or bunkmates, as that is not in our budget.
- Weather Cancellations – Our policy is to cancel children/youth evening activities if West Ottawa closes or cancels. Information will be posted on the website, Facebook, and answering machine. Also check WOODTV, WWMT, or WHTC.
- Disability Event – This workshop will provide ways in which your church can support its work for and with persons with disabilities. Tuesday, February 23, 7-9pm at Hope Church. Attendees will be able to attend 2 of the 4 workshops. This event is sponsored by west Michigan Disability Advocates from the RCA and CRCNA. There is no cost for attending this event. If you have any questions, please contact Martie Bultman at email@example.com or Linda Hutchison.
- College Students – looking for a summer job that matters? Camp Geneva, located in Holland, Michigan, is accepting applications for summer staff and will begin interviewing in January. Positions include: counselors, lifeguards, kitchen, maintenance and many more. Visit campgeneva.org for position descriptions and to print an application.
- Get Real Women’s Conference – Community Concert Connections along with Lakeshore Pregnancy Center present this conference with keynote author/ speaker Jill Savage and artist/author Tammy Trent. The event will be February 19-20th @ Community Reformed Church in Zeeland (corner of Felch St. 104th). Breakout sessions include various topics and local speakers. Women of ALL ages are welcome and will be truly blessed, so grab a friend or family member and mark your calendars. Tickets are $25 and can be purchased at Iticket.com, or by calling Community Reformed @ (616) 772- 4907. Find out more at lpcenters.com/get-real.htm and http://www.jillsavage.org/about/.