Bulletin - February 14
CHILDREN & FAMILY
Betsy Bruins, Minister of Children and Families, 399-9280, ext.18, firstname.lastname@example.org
Emily Rosendahl, Nursery Coordinator, 399-9280, email@example.com
- Children & Worship and Sunday School Information – Please see the calendar on the back of the bulletin for C&W and Sunday School times and room assignments.
- Sunday School H2H Food-of-the-Month – fruit and cereal bars. Can we pile 100 boxes on the table in the Gathering Place?
- VBS Dates are June 20-24 – More details coming soon!
Bryce Vander Stelt, Minister of Youth & Young Adults, 399-9280, ext.23, firstname.lastname@example.org
Stacey Duensing, Youth Ministry Associate, email@example.com
- HSM – We will be meeting tonight from 6-8pm in the youth center. All 9th-12th grade students are invited to join us.
- HSM Summer Serve Trip – SIGN UP NOW There is still time to sign up for our serve trip to the Rosebud Reservation this July 9-17. Please talk to Bryce or Stacey today.
- Elevate – This Wednesday night we are meeting at our normal time from 6:15-7:30pm. Elevate is for all 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students.
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext.14, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lent Devotional – For those who are using the Mark Narrative Lectionary Devotional Guide and questions, you may wish to continue with these for your devotions in connection with our preaching series in Mark that will go through the season of Lent. If you would like Lent specific devotions, RCA Lenten Devotionals are available in printed form at the Welcome Center, or by signing up for one of the devotionals available online at: https://www.rca.org/resources/lent-devotions.
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext. 14, email@example.com
Karen Donker, Kids Hope USA Director and Hand2Hand Ministries Coordinator, 399-9280, ext. 13, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hand2Hand Needs – instant oatmeal packets, saltine crackers, fruit cups (all varieties), canned chili, peanut butter, mac & cheese, vienna sausages, fruit & cereal bars, and chunky soup. Your donations are greatly needed and appreciated! Thank you!!
- Hand2Hand Shopping Lists Available! – Hand2Hand Grocery Bags and Shopping Lists are available in the concourse. Please help yourself!
Brian Keepers, Minister of Congregational Leadership, 399-9280, ext. 12, email@example.com
Jordan Clegg, Minister of Creative Arts, 399-9280, ext. 15, firstname.lastname@example.org
- This Week's Focus – We Pray
- for those in our community, nation, and world who are trapped in economic poverty
- for those trapped in spiritual and emotional poverty
- for unjust systems and structures that contribute to the disparity between the wealthy and the poor
Lisa Braunius, Interim Coordinator of Congregational Care, 399-9280, ext. 17, email@example.com
Linda Hutchison, Parish Nurse, 399-9280, ext. 22, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Nights Meal Crew – needs servers for Wednesday Night meals. This is a great opportunity for families (middle school & older kids only, please). Please sign up at the Welcome Center if you are able to help!
- Church Directory – we are no longer using Instant Church Directory. Please remove this app from all devices as the information in it is outdated. Current contact information is now in the CCB database. To update your contact information, please email Anna at email@example.com.
- Prayer Team – will meet tonight at 6pm in MC31 to pray for our church. All are welcome. Contact Pat Vorpagel if you have any questions at 616.399.7495.
- 4th-8th Grade Art/Craft Class – Come join Megan and Heather Postma in the art studio for an art lesson, project or crafting fun on Sunday afternoons. Projects will be geared towards 4th through 8th grade content. We will meet for our first time Sunday, February 21 from 2-4pm. Our first project will be to create a collage.
- HSM Spaghetti Fundraiser – Sunday, February 28th after the 10:45 service, you can enjoy a delicious spaghetti meal and silent auction to help HSM raise funds for their Summer Mission Trip. If you have items to donate, please contact Bryce or Stacey.
- Stretching & Yoga Class – Thursdays from 5:30- 6:30pm through March 10. Join us!
- Prison Pen Pals Missional Community – is looking for 4 people to be pen pals. Please contact Lugene Vander Kooi at 616.212.3176 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Blood Drive – Monday, March 14th from 2-7pm. Please call to schedule a time to donate blood and also if you are willing to help with set-up, clean-up, making goodies, or volunteering. Please contact Linda Hutchison, parish nurse at 399-9280 x22. Feel free to leave a message.
- 2016 Summer Trip to Israel-Palestine! – Last summer 16 people connected with Fellowship traveled to Israel-Palestine with Marlin and Josh Vis to host an arts camp at Shepherd’s High School in Beit-Sahour (near Bethlehem). This summer we’re going back, only this time we will host both an arts camp and a sports camp July 18–30! Are you interested in joining us? Go to our website for more information and/or talk to Pastor Brian. Please register by April 15.
- Weather Cancellations – Our policy is to cancel children/youth evening activities if West Ottawa closes or cancels. Information will be posted on the website, Facebook, and answering machine. Also check WOODTV, WWMT, or WHTC.
- Disability Event – workshop will provide ways in which your church can support its work for and with persons with disabilities. Tuesday, February 23, 7-9pm at Hope Church. Attendees will be able to attend 2 of the 4 workshops. This event is sponsored by west Michigan Disability Advocates from the RCA and CRCNA. There is no cost for attending this event. If you have any questions, please contact Martie Bultman at email@example.com or Linda Hutchison.
- Kairos West Michigan – Marlin & Sally Vis and Professor Travis West immersed 40 Western Seminary students in the lives of diverse Israelis and Palestinians "on the ground" last month. Kairos West Michigan has invited 6 students to tell their stories. Come listen in Semelink Hall at Western Seminary, 7- 8:30pm on 2/18.
- BlackLivesMatter Seminar – Are you eager to learn more about issues of racial justice in our community? Join us on February 26-27 at Maple Avenue Ministries (16 yrs & older). Cost is $15 for the day. Email Pastor Janelle to register or for questions.
- Get Real Women’s Conference – Community Concert Connections along with Lakeshore Pregnancy Center present this conference with keynote author/ speaker Jill Savage and artist/author Tammy Trent. The event will be February 19-20th @ Community Reformed Church in Zeeland (corner of Felch St. 104th). Breakout sessions include various topics and local speakers. Women of ALL ages are welcome and will be truly blessed, so grab a friend or family member and mark your calendars. Tickets are $25 and can be purchased at Iticket.com, or by calling Community Reformed @ (616) 772- 4907. Find out more at lpcenters.com/get-real.htm and http://www.jillsavage.org/about/.
- Successful Aging – What's Happening in Holland Michigan? Thursday, February 18, 11:30am-1pm at Christ Memorial Church. 2015 was a big year for the City of Holland. 2016 looks to be another big year as we see the seeds planted, come to fruition! Join us for our first Successful Aging gathering of the year as Holland City Manager, Ryan Cotton, leads us in a discussion of ‘What’s New and Happening in Holland Michigan’. CALL 616-820-7482.