Bulletin - February 21
CHILDREN & FAMILY
Betsy Bruins, Minister of Children and Families, 399-9280, ext.18, email@example.com
Emily Rosendahl, Nursery Coordinator, 399-9280, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Everybody Worships Sunday – Today is an Everybody Worships Sunday. All children 2nd-8th grades are invited to stay in the service with families. Children & Worship and Nursery are still offered.
- Sunday School H2H Food-of-the-Month – fruit and cereal bars. We have 89 boxes on the table, only 11 more to make our goal! So close...can we do it?
Bryce Vander Stelt, Minister of Youth & Young Adults, 399-9280, ext.23, email@example.com
Stacey Duensing, Youth Ministry Associate, firstname.lastname@example.org
- HSM – meets tonight from 6-8pm in the Youth Center. All high school students are invited.
- Elevate – This Wednesday night will be another Community Art Night for all ages. We will not have our normal Elevate meeting, but encourage all students to attend with their families.
- HSM Summer Serve – SIGN UP NOW! There is still time to sign up for our serve trip to the Rosebud Reservation this July 9-17. Please talk to Bryce or Stacey today.
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext.14, email@example.com
- Lent Devotional – If you would like Lent specific devotions, RCA Lenten Devotionals are available in printed form at the Welcome Center, or by signing up for one of the devotionals available online at: https://www.rca.org/resources/lent-devotions.
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext. 14, firstname.lastname@example.org
Karen Donker, Kids Hope USA Director and Hand2Hand Ministries Coordinator, 399-9280, ext. 13, email@example.com
- Hand2Hand Needs – canned corn or green beans, jelly (plastic containers only), cereal, syrup, pancake mix, canned ravioli type meals, vienna sausages, peanut butter, and fruit snacks. Your donations are greatly needed and appreciated! Thank you!!
- Hand2Hand Shopping Lists Available! – For those of you interested in continuing to use the Hand2Hand Grocery Bag Shopping List idea, there are brown paper bags, complete with shopping lists in the concourse. Please help yourself!
Brian Keepers, Minister of Congregational Leadership, 399-9280, ext. 12, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jordan Clegg, Minister of Creative Arts, 399-9280, ext. 15, email@example.com
- This Week's Focus – We Pray for:
- those in our community, nation and world who are vulnerable, marginalized, and oppressed
- those in positions of power, privilege, and authority: that they would serve with humility, compassion, and justice
- systems and structures that maintain the status quo and even harm those who are most vulnerable and without voice or privilege
Lisa Braunius, Interim Coordinator of Congregational Care, 399-9280, ext. 17, firstname.lastname@example.org
Linda Hutchison, Parish Nurse, 399-9280, ext. 22, email@example.com
- All Church Art Night – on Wednesday, February 24. 5:45pm dinner followed by art night activities at 6:30pm. Join us for an intergenerational and interactive Art Night.
- Live Simply Jars – Please remember during this season of Lent that we are collecting change you would otherwise spend on drinks or meals to bless the Bobb-Kelly’s mission in Nicaragua. Extra jars are available in the concourse.
- New Missional Community Forming! – Meet Up & Eat Up is a missional community focused on developing relationships with children (and families) who are participating in a free lunch program this summer at Pine Acres Migrant Camp. If you are interested in forming new friendships, having fun playing games, reading books or doing arts and crafts projects with kids, this could be the missional community for you! Please contact Karen Donker for more information.
- Church Directory – we are no longer using Instant Church Directory. Please remove this app from all devices as the information in it is outdated. Current contact information is now in the CCB database. To update your contact information, please email Anna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 4th-8th Grade Art/Craft Class – Come join Megan and Heather Postma in the art studio for 4th-8th grade art lessons, projects, or crafting fun. We will meet TODAY, 2/28, and 3/13 from 2-4pm. Our first project will be to create a collage.
- Prison Pen Pals Missional Community – is looking for 4 people to be pen pals. Please contact Lugene Vander Kooi at 616.212.3176 or email@example.com.
- Blood Drive – Monday, March 14th from 2-7pm. Please call to schedule a time to donate blood and also if you are willing to help with set-up, clean-up, making goodies, or volunteering. Please contact Linda Hutchison, parish nurse at 399-9280 x22. Feel free to leave a message.
- Disability Event – will provide ways in which your church can support its work for and with persons with disabilities. Tuesday, 2/23, 7-9pm at Hope Church. Attendees will be able to attend 2 of 4 workshops. This event is free. If you have any questions, please contact Martie Bultman at firstname.lastname@example.org or Linda Hutchison.
- BlackLivesMatter Seminar – Are you eager to learn more about issues of racial justice in our community? Join us on February 26-27 at Maple Avenue Ministries (16 yrs & older). Cost is $15 for the day. Email Pastor Janelle to register or for questions.
- GENEVA Camp and Retreat Center – is adding to their year-round Housekeeping staff. This part-time opportunity involves 12-15 hours, Monday-Friday, with occasional weekend duties based on seasonal activities. More details can be found at www.campgeneva.org. Interested candidates may apply in person or send resume to 3995 Lakeshore Drive, N, Holland, MI 49424.
- Holland Area Newcomers 65th Annual Dutch Costume Resale – Monday, March 7, 12-6pm is costume drop off. Tuesday, March 8, 5-8pm is costume and wooden shoe resale. Thursday, March 10, 5-7pm is payment pick up. All events held at Holland Civic Center. For more information: www.hollandnewcomers.com.
- Brahms’ German Requiem – comes to Holland, MI!
- Learn – The Bible and Brahms’ Requiem. A 3-part presentation by the Rev. Dr. Carol Bechtel. April 6, 13, & 20, 2016 ~ 6:00 to 7:30 PM. First Reformed Church ~ 630 State St.
- Experience - the Performance by The Holland Symphony Orchestra and the Holland Chorale. April 22 and 23, 2016. Miller Center for the Musical Arts at Hope College.