Bulletin - February 28
CHILDREN & FAMILY
Betsy Bruins, Minister of Children and Families, 399-9280, ext.18, firstname.lastname@example.org
Emily Rosendahl, Nursery Coordinator, 399-9280, email@example.com
- Children & Worship and Sunday School Information – Please see the calendar on the back of the bulletin for C&W and Sunday School times and room assignments.
- Sunday School H2H Food-of-the-Month – We have 106 boxes of cereal bars so far! We met our goal!!! Thank you everyone. We will be announcing the new food next week.
Bryce Vander Stelt, Minister of Youth & Young Adults, 399-9280, ext.23, firstname.lastname@example.org
Stacey Duensing, Youth Ministry Associate, email@example.com
- HSM – No HSM tonight. Following our fundraiser today we will not be meeting tonight. We will be back at our normal time next week.
- HSM Summer Serve – SIGN UP NOW! There is still time to sign up for our serve trip to the Rosebud Reservation this July 9-17. Please talk to Bryce Vander Stelt or Stacey Duensing today.
- Elevate – All 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students are welcome to join us for night of fun and discussion this Wednesday night from 6:15-7:30pm in the Youth Center.
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext.14, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lent Devotional – If you would like Lent specific devotions, RCA Lenten Devotionals are available in printed form at the Welcome Center, or by signing up for one of the devotionals available online at: https://www.rca.org/resources/lent-devotions.
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext. 14, email@example.com
Karen Donker, Kids Hope USA Director and Hand2Hand Ministries Coordinator, 399-9280, ext. 13, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hand2Hand Needs – Canned Chili, Crackers & Cheese, Tuna Fish, Canned Chicken, Squeezable Jelly (no glass containers, please), Chicken Helper, Tuna Helper, Cereal, Instant Oatmeal, Fruit Snacks, and Peanut Butter. Your donations are greatly needed and appreciated! Thank you!!
- Hand2Hand Shopping Lists Available! – For those of you interested in continuing to use the Hand2Hand Grocery Bag Shopping List idea, there are brown paper bags, complete with shopping lists in the concourse. Please help yourself!
- Breakfast with Baby – will be Saturday, March 12th. Current needs are: diapers (size new born, 2, 3, 4, and 5), wipes, and new/gently used winter clothes.
- Community Mission Project – Have you ever wanted to go on a mission trip? Many of us have had the desire to participate in an opportunity like this, however due to time constraints, finances, limited vacation time, or being away from your family, it just hasn’t worked out. What if there was an easy and fun way for you to get a summer mission trip type of experience in our own community? Please consider signing up for a week (or more) of lunchtimes engaging neighborhood kids with games and activities. Contact Karen Donker for more information.
Brian Keepers, Minister of Congregational Leadership, 399-9280, ext. 12, email@example.com
Jordan Clegg, Minister of Creative Arts, 399-9280, ext. 15, firstname.lastname@example.org
- This Week's Focus – We Pray for:
- with gratitude that this whole world belongs to God, and is a theater of God’s glory.
- for forgiveness for the ways in which we pollute and harm this good creation, failing to care for it well as stewards who bear God’s image.
- in hope for the day that God will renew all of creation, restoring the world to God’s design. And we ask for wisdom today to make good choices to care for God’s creation in our own neighborhoods, church, community, nation, and world.
Lisa Braunius, Interim Coordinator of Congregational Care, 399-9280, ext. 17, email@example.com
Linda Hutchison, Parish Nurse, 399-9280, ext. 22, firstname.lastname@example.org
- HSM Spaghetti Dinner and Auction Fundraiser TODAY after the 10:45 service! – You and your family can enjoy a delicious spaghetti meal and silent auction to help HSM raise funds for their Summer Mission Trip.
- Live Simply Jars – During Lent we are collecting change you would otherwise spend on drinks or meals to bless the Bobb-Kelly’s mission in Nicaragua. Their mission is to provide clean water and meals to children. Extra jars are available in the concourse. All change will be collected during Easter Sunday services.
- Church Directory – we are no longer using Instant Church Directory. Please remove this app from all devices as the information in it is outdated. Current contact information is now in the CCB database. To update your contact information, please email Anna at email@example.com.
- 3rd-8th Grade Art/Craft Class – Come join Megan and Heather Postma in the art studio for 3rd-8th grade art lessons, project s, or crafting fun. We will meet TODAY and March 13 from 2-4pm.
- Prison Pen Pals Missional Community – is looking for 4 people to be pen pals. Please contact Lugene Vander Kooi at 616.212.3176 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Blood Drive – on Monday, March 14th from 2-7pm. Please call to schedule a time to donate blood and also if you are willing to help with set-up, clean-up, making goodies, or volunteering. Please contact Linda Hutchison, parish nurse at 399-9280 x22. Feel free to leave a message.
- 2016 Summer Trip to Israel-Palestine! – Last summer 17 people connected with Fellowship traveled to Israel-Palestine with Marlin and Josh Vis to host an arts camp at Shepherd’s High School in Beit-Sahour (near Bethlehem). This summer we’re going back, only this time we will host both an arts camp and a sports camp July 18–30! Are you interested in joining us? Go to our website for more information. Please register by April 15. There will be an informational meeting on Monday, February 29th at 7pm at Third Reformed Church in Holland.
- GENEVA Camp and Retreat Center – is adding to their year-round Housekeeping staff. This part-time opportunity involves 12-15 hours, Monday-Friday, with occasional weekend duties based on seasonal activities. More details can be found at www.campgeneva.org. Interested candidates may apply in person or send resume to 3995 Lakeshore Drive, N, Holland, MI 49424.
- Holland Area Newcomers 65th Annual Dutch Costume Resale – Monday, March 7, 12-6pm is costume drop off. Tuesday, March 8, 5-8pm is costume and wooden shoe resale. Thursday, March 10, 5-7pm is payment pick up. All events held at Holland Civic Center. For more information: www.hollandnewcomers.com.
- Brahms’ German Requiem – comes to Holland, MI!
- Learn – The Bible and Brahms’ Requiem. A 3-part presentation by the Rev. Dr. Carol Bechtel. April 6, 13, & 20, 2016 ~ 6:00 to 7:30 PM. First Reformed Church ~ 630 State St.
- Experience - the Performance by The Holland Symphony Orchestra and the Holland Chorale. April 22 and 23, 2016. Miller Center for the Musical Arts at Hope College.
- POSITIVE OPTIONS, a service of LAKESHORE PREGNANCY CENTER, with centers in Holland, Grand Haven, Allegan and Allendale, plus our roving Mobile Medical Center, is offering an EVENING TRAINING SERIES for Male and Female Client Advocate & Receptionist on May 16, 17, 19, & 20 from 5:30 PM - 9:00 PM plus Saturday, May 14 from 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM. (Receptionist training is on May 14. All sessions are required for the Client Advocate role.) These high-impact volunteer opportunities, requiring one 4-hour shift per week, directly affect the lives of men, women, and babies in our communities. Please email Sheila.email@example.com for further information. Visit lpcenters.com to learn more about Positive Options and other volunteer opportunities.