Bulletin - March 6
CHILDREN & FAMILY
Betsy Bruins, Minister of Children and Families, 399-9280, ext.18, firstname.lastname@example.org
Emily Rosendahl, Children's Ministry Assistant, 399-9280, email@example.com
- Children & Worship and Sunday School Information – Please see the calendar on the back of the bulletin for C&W and Sunday School times and room assignments.
- Sunday School H2H Food-of-the-Month – From now through the end of May, we are collecting "The Great Eight" for making breakfast and snack packs. "The Great Eight" are 100% juice boxes, Instant oatmeal packets, Individual serving cereal boxes, Fruit cups, Granola bars, Pudding cups, Fruit Snacks, and Cheese & cracker packets. Thank you!
- Easter Egg Hunt – will be on March 26, 11:00 am to noon for ages 3 to 10 years old. Contact Betsy if you are willing to help organize the hunt!
Bryce Vander Stelt, Minister of Youth & Young Adults, 399-9280, ext.23, firstname.lastname@example.org
Stacey Duensing, Youth Ministry Associate, email@example.com
- HSM – Tonight we are excited to have our guest speaker Mike Van Drie. Mike will be joining us during the month of March to dig into the topic of relationships. All high school students are welcome during our regular time from 6-8pm in the Youth Center.
- Elevate – This Wednesday night we will continue our discussion on how to live lives like Jesus everyday. Come ready for Grog and other fun surprises. All middle school students welcome from 6:15-7:30 in the Youth Center.
- HSM Fundraiser – the High School Ministry would like to thank everyone who helped make our fundraiser last Sunday a success. We are grateful for the money that was raised and for the support and care you showed our students and leaders.
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext.14, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lent Devotional – If you would like Lent specific devotions, RCA Lenten Devotionals are available in printed form at the Welcome Center, or by signing up for one of the devotionals available online at: https://www.rca.org/resources/lent-devotions.
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext. 14, email@example.com
Karen Donker, Kids Hope USA Director and Hand2Hand Ministries Coordinator, 399-9280, ext. 13, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hand2Hand Needs – canned chicken breast, cereal, fruit cups (any variety), tuna fish, pancake mix & syrup, plastic squeeze jelly, canned chili, chicken helper, and fruit snacks. Your donations are greatly needed and appreciated! Thank you!!
- Hand2Hand Shopping Lists Available! – For those of you interested in continuing to use the Hand2Hand Grocery Bag Shopping List, there are brown paper bags, complete with shopping lists, in the concourse. Please help yourself!
- Breakfast with Baby – will be Saturday, March 12th. Current needs are: diapers (size new born, 2, 3, 4, and 5), wipes, and new/gently used winter clothes.
- Community Mission Project – Have you ever wanted to go on a mission trip? Many of us have had the desire to participate in an opportunity like this, however due to time constraints, finances, limited vacation time, or being away from your family, it just hasn’t worked out. What if there was an easy and fun way for you to get a mission trip type of experience in our own community? Please consider signing up for a week (or more) of lunchtimes engaging neighborhood kids with games and activities. Contact Karen Donker for more information.
Brian Keepers, Minister of Congregational Leadership, 399-9280, ext. 12, email@example.com
Jordan Clegg, Minister of Creative Arts, 399-9280, ext. 15, firstname.lastname@example.org
- This Week's Focus – We Pray for:
- for our neighbors, near and far, that God would open our eyes to see them and open our hearts to love them and be loved by them.
- people God has placed around us in our neighborhood, work- place, school, etc.
- people in the greater Holland community who are marginalized and invisible.
- people in Kalamazoo who have been impacted by the recent shootings.
- people in Flint who have been impacted by the water crisis.
- people in our nation who are experiencing discrimination and prejudice.
- people who have been forced to live as refugees due to violence and injustice.
- ourselves, that we would recognize our own “need” even as we seek to love others in need.
Lisa Braunius, Interim Coordinator of Congregational Care, 399-9280, ext. 17, email@example.com
Linda Hutchison, Parish Nurse, 399-9280, ext. 22, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spring Forward! – To be on time Sunday, March 13, set your clocks one hour ahead the night before.
- All Church Potluck – Wednesday, March 30th to celebrate the last week of Community Nights. Dinner will start at 5:45pm. Please join us and bring a plate to share!
- Live Simply Jars – During Lent we are collecting change you would otherwise spend on drinks or meals to bless the Bobb-Kelly’s mission in Nicaragua. Their mission is to provide clean water and meals to children. Extra jars are available in the concourse. All change will be collected during Easter Sunday services.
- Church Directory – we are no longer using Instant Church Directory. Please remove this app from all devices as the information in it is outdated. Current contact information is now in the CCB database. To update your contact information, please email Anna at email@example.com.
- Prison Pen Pals Missional Community – is looking for 4 people to be pen pals. Please contact Lugene Vander Kooi at 616.212.3176 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Blood Drive – Monday, March 14th, 2-7pm. Please call to schedule a time to donate blood or if you are willing to help with set-up, clean-up, making goodies, or volunteering. Contact Linda Hutchison, parish nurse at 399-9280 x22. Feel free to leave a message.
- 2016 Summer Trip to Israel-Palestine! – Last summer 17 people connected with Fellowship traveled to Israel-Palestine with Marlin and Josh Vis to host an arts camp at Shepherd’s High School in Beit-Sahour (near Bethlehem). This summer we’re going back, and we will host BOTH an arts camp and a sports camp July 18–30! Are you interested in joining us? Go to our website for more information. Please register by April 15.
- Welcomed into Fellowship Last Sunday – Kurt, Jennifer, Jackson, & Analynn Brown, Kelvin & Joyce Brown, Dave, Lori, & Sam Vandermolen, Stacey VanderBie, and Robert & Lynn White.
- Holland Area Newcomers 65th Annual Dutch Costume Resale – Monday, March 7, 12-6pm is costume drop off. Tuesday, March 8, 5-8pm is costume and wooden shoe resale. Thursday, March 10, 5-7pm is payment pick up. All events held at Holland Civic Center. For more information: www.hollandnewcomers.com.
- Brahms’ German Requiem – comes to Holland, MI!
- Learn – The Bible and Brahms’ Requiem. A 3-part presentation by the Rev. Dr. Carol Bechtel. April 6, 13, & 20, 2016 ~ 6:00 to 7:30 PM. First Reformed Church ~ 630 State St.
- Experience - the Performance by The Holland Symphony Orchestra and the Holland Chorale. April 22 and 23, 2016. Miller Center for the Musical Arts at Hope College.
- POSITIVE OPTIONS, a service of LAKESHORE PREGNANCY CENTER, with centers in Holland, Grand Haven, Allegan and Allendale, plus our roving Mobile Medical Center, is offering an EVENING TRAINING SERIES for Male and Female Client Advocate & Receptionist on May 16, 17, 19, & 20 from 5:30 PM - 9:00 PM plus Saturday, May 14 from 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM. (Receptionist training is on May 14. All sessions are required for the Client Advocate role.) These high-impact volunteer opportunities, requiring one 4-hour shift per week, directly affect the lives of men, women, and babies in our communities. Please email Sheila.email@example.com for further information. Visit lpcenters.com to learn more about Positive Options and other volunteer opportunities.