Bulletin - January 31
CHILDREN & FAMILY
Betsy Bruins, Minister of Children and Families, 399-9280, ext.18, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Braunius, Nursery Coordinator, 399-9280, email@example.com
- Children & Worship and Sunday School Information – Please see the calendar on the back of the bulletin for C&W and Sunday School times and room assignments.
- Sunday School H2H Food-of-the-Month – fruit and cereal bars. Can we pile 100 boxes on the table in the Gathering Place?
- Dates for Vacation Bible School – It's time to start thinking about summer...and VBS! Dates are June 20-24. More details coming soon!
Bryce Vander Stelt, Minister of Youth & Young Adults, 399-9280, ext.23, firstname.lastname@example.org
Stacey Duensing, Youth Ministry Associate, email@example.com
- HSM – We are meeting tonight from 6-8pm in the Youth Center. We are excited to see everyone in grades 9-12 after a week off.
- Elevate – We will meet this Wednesday night from 6:15-7:30. All 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students are invited to join us.
- HSM Summer Serve Trip – High School Ministries will be going to the Rosebud Native American Reservation in Mission, South Dakota for their Summer Serve Trip. Dates are July 9-17. An informational meeting will be held on TODAY, January 31 from 5-6pm in the Youth Center. The deadline to sign up is Wednesday, February 3.
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext.14, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spiritual Fitness – The class will be focusing on a Bible Study through the book of Mark that coordinates with each Sunday's sermon. The class meets at 9:15am in MC31. Anyone is welcome to drop in or to join these discussions!
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext. 14, email@example.com
Karen Donker, Kids Hope USA Director and Hand2Hand Ministries Coordinator, 399-9280, ext. 13, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hand2Hand Needs – boxed saltine crackers, boxed pancake mix, fruit snacks, mac & cheese, fruit cups (all varieties), and peanut butter. Your donations are greatly needed and appreciated! Thank you!!
- Water Crisis – We encourage you to join with Fellowship in responding to the Water Crisis in Flint! Sealed bottles and jugs of water are being collected through Feb. 11 at all Art Van Furniture stores throughout West Michigan. If you would like, you may bring bottled water or jugs of purified water to the church between January 24 through Wednesday, February 3, and we will see these are transported to a local collection site. You can drop them off at the north or south entrances, or in the concourse. Questions? Ask Pastor Janelle.
- Breakfast with Baby – will be Saturday, February 13th. Current needs are: diapers (size new born, 2, 3, 4, and 5), wipes, and new/gently used winter clothes.
Brian Keepers, Minister of Congregational Leadership, 399-9280, ext. 12, email@example.com
Jordan Clegg, Minister of Creative Arts, 399-9280, ext. 15, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advent/Christmas Art Brochure – Wondering about the artwork created in the Sanctuary during Advent and Christmas? Pick up a brochure at the Welcome Center or in the back of the sanctuary.
Marijke Strong, Minister of Congregational Care & Community Life, 399-9280, ext. 17, email@example.com
Linda Hutchison, Parish Nurse, 399-9280, ext. 22, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Nights Meal Crew – needs servers for the remaining Wednesday Night meals. Please sign up at the Welcome Center if you are able to help in this way!
- Stretching & Yoga Class – Linda Hutchison and Ruth Lindholm will be offering a 6 week class that meets on Thursday evenings from 5:30- 6:30 pm, beginning February 4 and ending March 10th. We will start with devotions and then do some stretching exercises to loosen up, followed by yoga. There will be some relaxing music to accompany our time. Please come join us! It is a great way to unwind after a stressful or busy day. It is suggested that you wear comfortable clothes and that you bring a mat. If you are interested, call Linda Hutchison at 399-9280 x22 and feel free to leave a message.
- Pastor Marijke’s Contact Info – Personal email is email@example.com. Her new mailing address is: 209 George Street, Apt 2, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, L8P 1G2.
- Updated Contact Information – please update the front office if your address or main contact phone number has recently changed.
- HSM Spaghetti Fundraiser – High School Ministries is raising funds for their Summer Serve Mission Trip to the Rosebud Native American Reservation. Sunday, February 28th after the 10:45 service, you can enjoy a delicious spaghetti meal and silent auction. We welcome your support by attending or donating to the silent auction. If you have items to donate, please contact Bryce or Stacey.
- 2016 Summer Arts/Sports Camp in Israel-Palestine! – Last summer 16 people connected with Fellowship traveled to Israel-Palestine with Marlin and Josh Vis to host an arts camp at Shepherd’s High School in Bet-Sahour (near Bethlehem). This summer we’re going back, only this time we will host both an arts camp and a sports camp! The dates for the trip are July 18 – July 29. Are you interested in joining us? Go to our website for more information and/or talk to Pastor Brian. A significant portion of proceeds from sales of Joel Schoon-Tanis’ book 40 and prints of his paintings are designated towards supporting this mission trip. Visit his website: joel-schoon-tanis-art.myshopify.com/. Deadline for registering is April 15, 2016.
- Camp Geneva & CranHill Scholarship Policy – Fellowship will provide a scholarship of 20% for your child at either Camp Geneva or CranHill Ranch, up to $80.00 (one discount per child per year). This is only for members or active participants of Fellowship, please call the church office for the code. Please do not give out the code to friends or bunkmates, as that is not in our budget.
- Weather Cancellations – Our policy is to cancel children/youth evening activities if West Ottawa closes or cancels. Information will be posted on the website, Facebook, and answering machine. Also check WOODTV, WWMT, or WHTC.
- College Students – looking for a summer job that matters? Camp Geneva, located in Holland, Michigan, is accepting applications for summer staff and will begin interviewing in January. Positions include: counselors, lifeguards, kitchen, maintenance and many more. Visit campgeneva.org for position descriptions and to print an application.
- Get Real Women’s Conference – Community Concert Connections along with Lakeshore Pregnancy Center present this conference with keynote author/ speaker Jill Savage and artist/author Tammy Trent. The event will be February 19-20th @ Community Reformed Church in Zeeland (corner of Felch St. 104th). Breakout sessions include various topics and local speakers. Women of ALL ages are welcome and will be truly blessed, so grab a friend or family member and mark your calendars. Tickets are $25 and can be purchased at Iticket.com, or by calling Community Reformed @ (616) 772- 4907. Find out more at lpcenters.com/get-real.htm and http://www.jillsavage.org/about/.
- Barnabas Ministries Auction & Chili Dinner – February 6th, 4-8pm at Victory Point Ministries. All funds raised will support the building of the Barnabas House.