Bulletin - November 8
CHILDREN & FAMILY
Betsy Bruins, Minister of Children and Families, 399-9280, ext. 18, email@example.com
Lisa Braunius, Nursery Coordinator, 399-9280, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Children & Worship and Sunday School Information – Please see the calendar on the back of the bulletin for C&W and Sunday School times and room assignments.
- H2H Food-of-the-Month – Sunday School kids are bringing in fruit cups thru the end of December. Put your donation on the table in the Gathering Place.
Bryce Vander Stelt, Minister of Youth & Young Adults, 399-9280, ext.23, email@example.com
Stacey Duensing, Youth Ministry Associate, firstname.lastname@example.org
- HSM – meets tonight at church from 6-8pm in the Youth Center. Whether you have come before or this is your first time, we would love to see you there!
- Elevate – This Wednesday night we will have a special outing to go and play laser tag and mini golf! Because we will be going offsite we ask that all students be in the youth center at 5:40pm and we will return to church at 7:30pm. The cost for the night is $7 per person. Please RSVP to Bryce if you plan on attending.
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext.14, email@example.com
- Check Out ALPHA! – ALPHA is an opportunity to explore life and the Christian faith in a friendly, open, and informal environment. Class are held during Community Nights on Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30pm.
- Invitation to the Old Testament Class – Now on Sunday mornings only! Join Dr. John Brogan and our intern, Julie Myers, to explore the movements of the Old Testament story with video lessons, discussion and scripture readings.
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext. 14, firstname.lastname@example.org
Karen Donker, Kids Hope USA Director and Hand2Hand Ministries Coordinator, 399-9280, ext. 13, email@example.com
- Hand2Hand Needs – individually packaged cheese & crackers, fruit cups (all varieties), pancake mix, syrup, canned veggies, cereal, pop tarts, instant oatmeal, canned chili, rice, pasta or noodles, Vienna sausages, and mac & cheese. Your donations are greatly needed and appreciated! Thank you!!
- The HOPE Christmas Store – Saturday, December 5, 9:00am-12:00pm. Please stop by the HOPE Christmas Tree to choose ornaments off the tree get an information sheet sign up to volunteer at the store. Gift donations collected November 1-29. Cash donations gladly accepted.
- Calling ALL Christmas Cookie Bakers!! – Please consider donating 2 dozen cookies for the KIDS HOPE USA Christmas Party (Tuesday, December 1) for all Kids Hope USA students, their families, mentors and prayer partners or the HOPE Christmas Store (Saturday, Dec.5). Sign up sheets are located in the concourse by the HOPE Christmas tree.
- Breakfast with Baby – will be Saturday, November 14th. Current needs are: diapers (size new born, 2, 3, 4, and 5), wipes, and new/gently used winter clothes.
- Bethany Christmas Project – Gift purchasing sheets for 105 kids in the concourse. Gifts are due November 29. Call Jan Wehrmeyer at 392.5034 with questions.
Brian Keepers, Minister of Congregational Leadership, 399-9280, ext. 12, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jordan Clegg, Minister of Creative Arts, 399-9280, ext. 15, email@example.com
- Artist Studio Hours – Wednesdays from noon to 8:30pm through May 30.
Marijke Strong, Minister of Congregational Care & Community Life, 399-9280, ext. 17, firstname.lastname@example.org
Linda Hutchison, Parish Nurse, 399-9280, ext. 22, email@example.com
- Parking Lot – The south parking lot will be paved on Monday, 11/9. Please park only in the center paved area on the south lot. The north lot will be closed.
- Trivia Night – Saturday, November 14th, 6-8pm. Form teams with your family, friends, or small group. $10 per person. Food and free child care. Sign up by TOMORROW, Nov 9. Raise money for the HSM summer mission trip.
- CranHill Ranch Family Camping – August 5 to 7, 2016. Forms and money due 11/12/15. Contact Jen Solis at 886-7612 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Church-Wide Clean-Up Postponed to Nov. 21, 8am-Noon – Please sign up at the Welcome Center to help or to give the name of someone who needs help.
- All Church Movie Night – Friday, November 20. The Men, Meat and Movies Missional Community is showing The Good Lie (PG-13). Inspired by true events, it tells the story of a group of Sudanese refugees who resettle in America. Their encounter with an employment agency counselor (Reese Witherspoon) forever changes all of their lives. This is a powerful movie that opens up new ways of thinking about what it means to "love our neighbor as ourselves." Anyone 13 and older is welcome! The movie will begin at 7pm sharp in the Youth Center with a discussion afterwards. RSVP by calling the church office. Contact Pastor Brian if you have questions.
- Share the Holiday Spirit - Bless members of our congregation and community by donating turkeys or hams. Place them in the 2-door freezer at church. Please notify the office if you leave an item. Monetary gifts can be made out to FRC marked Thanksgiving/ Christmas. Thank you for your continued generosity!
- Prison Pen Pals Missional Community – is looking for 2 people to be pen pals. Please contact Lugene Vander Kooi at 616.212.3176 or email@example.com.
- Prime Timers Christmas Luncheon and Concert – Evergreen Commons Tuesday, December 8 at 11:30am. Cost is $20. Call the office or sign up on pew card.
- Gift Bags Needed – If you have extra large gift bags, they would be very much appreciated. Donations can be placed outside the Parish Nurse office. Thank you!
- Headed South for the Winter? – If you have a change of address during the winter months, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 399.9280. Also, please indicate if you would like a bulletin sent.
GriefShare, Surviving the Holidays – will be meeting on Monday, November 9th, at 7 pm at Harlem Reformed Church in the Compass Building at 6854 144th Avenue, Holland. If you have any questions, you may call Joe Cusack 616-294-1220.
His Kids Workshops – Adoption. Foster Care. Safe Families. Mentoring. Wrap-Around Family Care. Join us Saturday, November 14, 9am-12:30pm at the Wyoming Campus of Kentwood Community Church and Sunday, November 15, 5-8:30pm at Ridge Point Community Church in Holland. Doors open early for informational fairs. Visit orphansundaywestmichigan.weebly.com for details.
Hospice of Holland – We’re looking for volunteers to offer their time and talents in many capacities: visiting with patients, assisting with life stories, office help and even specialty services, such as legal services, haircuts, and massage therapy. Contact Jodi Wilcome at 616-355-5514 or email her at www.hollandhospice.org.
God’s World en Plein Air – a show of original works of art, painted in or inspired by outdoor settings. Guests are invited to enjoy the art show from September 27 through November 19 at Second Reformed Church in Zeeland. More information can be found at www.srczeeland.org.
The City on a Hill Café - is in need of volunteers to help prepare food, clean up and other general duties. Specifically, they need an opener on Tuesday mornings, food prep and an opener on Wednesdays, food prep on Thursdays and Fridays. Openers come in at 6:30 am and food prep come in at 9 am. If you can help in the afternoon, they have needs on Monday –Thursday to help clean up. Lunch is provided to volunteers. Please contact Kerri at 748-6005 or by email to café email@example.com.