Bulletin - November 1
CHILDREN & FAMILY
Betsy Bruins, Minister of Children and Families, 399-9280, ext. 18, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Braunius, Nursery Coordinator, 399-9280, email@example.com
- Everybody Worships Sunday – Today is Everybody Worships Sunday. All children 2nd-8th grades are invited to stay in the service with families. Children & Worship and Nursery are still offered.
- H2H Food-of-the-Month – Sunday School kids are bringing in fruit cups thru the end of December. Put your donation on the table in the Gathering Place.
Bryce Vander Stelt, Minister of Youth & Young Adults, 399-9280, ext.23, firstname.lastname@example.org
Stacey Duensing, Youth Ministry Associate, email@example.com
- HSM – meets tonight at church from 6-8pm in the Youth Center. Tonight we will talk about how a book's cover doesn't tell the whole story.
- Elevate – meets this Wednesday from 6:15-7:30pm in the Youth Center all 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students are welcome. See you there.
- Fall Clean Up – HSM, Elevate, and their parents are invited to participate in Fellowship's Fall Clean Up Day on Saturday, November 7th from 8am-12pm.
- Can I Ask That? – Returns this Thursday 7:00-8:30pm at the Vander Stelt's home. This group is open to all high school students who are interested in exploring questions of life and faith more deeply. This week we ask the question "Is it wrong to doubt God?"
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext.14, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check Out ALPHA! – ALPHA is an opportunity to explore life and the Christian faith in a friendly, open, and informal environment. Class are held during Community Nights on Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30pm.
- Invitation to the Old Testament Class – Now on Sunday mornings only! Join Dr. John Brogan and our intern, Julie Myers, to explore the movements of the Old Testament story with video lessons, discussion and scripture readings.
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext. 14, email@example.com
Karen Donker, Kids Hope USA Director and Hand2Hand Ministries Coordinator, 399-9280, ext. 13, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hand2Hand Needs – fruit cups (any variety), boxed saltine crackers, instant oatmeal packets, cereal, canned veggies, individually packaged cheese & crackers, pop tarts, fruit snacks, and mac & cheese. Your donations are greatly needed and appreciated! Thank you!!
- Relief for South Carolina – If you would like to contribute to these relief efforts, place gifts marked South Carolina in the offering plate. All funds go through RCA Missions.
- HOPE Christmas Store – is Saturday, December 5, 9:00am-12:00pm. You are invited to contribute to the joy of Christmas this year through the HOPE Christmas Store. The store provides qualifying Lakewood Elementary, New Community Fourth Reformed and Fellowship families experiencing financial burden, the opportunity to pick out, purchase, and give Christmas gifts to their children, ages birth through 16, at a greatly reduced cost. Gift donations will be collected from Sunday, November 1 through Sunday, November 29. For those people who don’t have time to shop, cash donations will gladly be accepted. Please stop by the HOPE Christmas Tree, located in the concourse, to choose ornaments off the tree for children in need. Information sheets are also available, as well as sign up sheets for ways that you can volunteer to help on the day of the store!
- Calling ALL Christmas Cookie Bakers!! – Please consider donating 2 dozen cookies for the KIDS HOPE USA Christmas Party (Tuesday, December 1) for all Kids Hope USA students, their families, mentors and prayer partners or the HOPE Christmas Store (Saturday, Dec.5). Sign up sheets are located in the concourse by the HOPE Christmas tree.
- Breakfast with Baby – will be Saturday, November 14th. Current needs are: diapers (size new born, 2, 3, 4, and 5), wipes, and new/gently used winter clothes.
Brian Keepers, Minister of Congregational Leadership, 399-9280, ext. 12, email@example.com
Jordan Clegg, Minister of Creative Arts, 399-9280, ext. 15, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Artist Studio Hours – Wednesdays from noon to 8:30pm through May 30.
Marijke Strong, Minister of Congregational Care & Community Life, 399-9280, ext. 17, email@example.com
Linda Hutchison, Parish Nurse, 399-9280, ext. 22, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lost and Found Table – there is a table set up in the concourse of our Lost and Found items. Please stop by and see if anything belongs to you!
- Bethany Christmas Project – Gift purchasing sheets for 105 kids will be distributed starting TODAY in the concourse. Gifts are due November 29. Call Jan Wehrmeyer at 392.5034 with questions.
- Office Closed – Friday, November 6 due to work on the parking lots.
- Fall Clean Up Day – Saturday, November 7th from 8am-12pm. The Middle & High School Students and the Deacon's Good Samaritan Crew are teaming up for this Fall Clean Up Day. We will gather at Fellowship for a light breakfast before being sent out to work. If you are interested in helping or you have a request for a job to be done at your home, please sign up by contacting the church office.
- CPR Class – is being offered for $10 per person on Saturday, November 7th from 9:30-11:30am in MC32/33. Please contact Linda Hutchison if you’re interested.
- CranHill Ranch Family Camping – Friday August 5 to Sunday August 7, 2016. Forms and money due 11/12/15. Contact Jen Solis at 886-7612 or email@example.com.
- Trivia Night – HSM is holding a fundraiser for their annual summer mission trip. We invite you, your family, friends, small group, or missional community to form a team for Trivia Night on Saturday, November 14th at 6:00-8:00pm. Food will be served and free child care provided. $10 per person. Please sign up at the Welcome Center or by contacting the church office.
- Prison Pen Pals Missional Community – This group is looking for 2 people to be pen pals. Please contact Lugene Vander Kooi at 616.212.3176 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prime Timers Christmas Luncheon and Concert – at Evergreen Commons on Tuesday, December 8 at 11:30am. Cost is $20. Call the office or sign up on pew card.
- No Heat! – Due to the construction, the meeting rooms are currently without heat. Please dress warmly if you are meeting in any MC rooms!
- Gift Bags Needed – If you have extra large gift bags, they would be very much appreciated. Donations can be placed outside the Parish Nurse office. Thank you!
- Headed South for the Winter? – If you have a change of address during the winter months, please let us know by emailing email@example.com or calling 399.9280. Also, please indicate if you would like a bulletin sent while you are away.
GriefShare, Surviving the Holidays – will be meeting on Monday, November 9th, at 7 pm at Harlem Reformed Church in the Compass Building at 6854 144th Avenue, Holland. If you have any questions, you may call Joe Cusack 616-294-1220.
His Kids Workshops – Adoption. Foster Care. Safe Families. Mentoring. Wrap-Around Family Care. Join us Saturday, November 14, 9am-12:30pm at the Wyoming Campus of Kentwood Community Church and Sunday, November 15, 5-8:30pm at Ridge Point Community Church in Holland. Doors open early for informational fairs. Visit orphansundaywestmichigan.weebly.com for details.
Hospice of Holland – We’re looking for volunteers to offer their time and talents in many capacities: visiting with patients, assisting with life stories, office help and even specialty services, such as legal services, haircuts, and massage therapy. Contact Jodi Wilcome at 616-355-5514 or email her at www.hollandhospice.org.
God’s World en Plein Air – a show of original works of art, painted in or inspired by outdoor settings. Guests are invited to enjoy the art show from September 27 through November 19 at Second Reformed Church in Zeeland. More information can be found at www.srczeeland.org.
Where there's a will there's a way: how a will from 1508 gives us a way into the lives of ordinary people on the eve of the Reformation - is the title of a presentation in observance of Reformation Day. The event will take place Saturday, Oct. 31 at 7:00 PM at 14th St. Christian Reformed Church (corner of Central Ave., Holland). Dr. Suzanne McDonald of Western Theological Seminary will give that illustrated lecture. There will be an offering for expenses to cover the cider and donut holes.
The City on a Hill Café - is in need of volunteers to help prepare food, clean up and other general duties. Specifically, they need an opener on Tuesday mornings, food prep and an opener on Wednesdays, food prep on Thursdays and Fridays. Openers come in at 6:30 am and food prep come in at 9 am. If you can help in the afternoon, they have needs on Monday –Thursday to help clean up. Lunch is provided to volunteers. Please contact Kerri at 748-6005 or by email to café firstname.lastname@example.org.