Bulletin - November 15
CHILDREN & FAMILY
Betsy Bruins, Minister of Children and Families, 399-9280, ext. 18, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Braunius, Nursery Coordinator, 399-9280, email@example.com
- Children & Worship and Sunday School Information – Please see the calendar on the back of the bulletin for C&W and Sunday School times and room assignments.
- H2H Food-of-the-Month – Sunday School kids are bringing in fruit cups thru the end of December. Put your donation on the table in the Gathering Place.
- Family Advent Packets Coming Next Week – One per family. Includes an open-the-flap Advent calendar, a family Advent devotional, and coloring pages.
Bryce Vander Stelt, Minister of Youth & Young Adults, 399-9280, ext.23, firstname.lastname@example.org
Stacey Duensing, Youth Ministry Associate, email@example.com
- HSM – meets tonight at church from 6-8pm in the Youth Center. Whether you have come before or this is your first time we would love to see you there!
- Elevate – meets this Wednesday night from 6:15-7:30pm in the Youth Center. All 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students are invited!
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext.14, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check Out ALPHA! – ALPHA is an opportunity to explore life and the Christian faith in a friendly, open, and informal environment. Class are held during Community Nights on Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30pm.
- Invitation to the Old Testament Class – Now on Sunday mornings only! Join Dr. John Brogan and our intern, Julie Myers, to explore the movements of the Old Testament story with video lessons, discussion and scripture readings.
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext. 14, email@example.com
Karen Donker, Kids Hope USA Director and Hand2Hand Ministries Coordinator, 399-9280, ext. 13, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hand2Hand Needs – tuna fish, pancake mix, syrup, fruit cups (any variety, canned veggies, saltine crackers, fruit snacks, canned chili, rice, pasta, individually packaged cheese & crackers, and Vienna sausages. Your donations are greatly needed and appreciated! Thank you!!
- The HOPE Christmas Store – Saturday, December 5, 9:00am-12:00pm. Please stop by the HOPE Christmas Tree to choose ornaments off the tree, get an information sheet, or sign up to volunteer at the store. Gift donations collected November 1-29 and cash donations gladly accepted.
- Calling ALL Christmas Cookie Bakers!! – Please consider donating 2 dozen cookies for the KIDS HOPE USA Christmas Party (Tuesday, December 1) for all Kids Hope USA students, their families, mentors and prayer partners or the HOPE Christmas Store (Saturday, Dec.5). Sign up sheets are located in the concourse by the HOPE Christmas tree.
- Bethany Christmas Project – 105 kids are in need of gifts; 37 taken care of as of Sunday, November 8. Pick up a gift purchasing sheet in the concourse TODAY and next Sunday, November 22, to pick up a commitment card. Gifts are due November 29. Call Jan Wehrmeyer at 392.5034 with questions.
Brian Keepers, Minister of Congregational Leadership, 399-9280, ext. 12, email@example.com
Jordan Clegg, Minister of Creative Arts, 399-9280, ext. 15, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thanksgiving Eve Service – Join us at 7pm on Wednesday, November 25.
Marijke Strong, Minister of Congregational Care & Community Life, 399-9280, ext. 17, email@example.com
Linda Hutchison, Parish Nurse, 399-9280, ext. 22, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cold and Flu Season! – For everyone's convenience the Sanctuary has one antibacterial container in each pew on the aisle end for your use. Feel free to utilize them and please keep them in the pew. Thank you and stay healthy!
- Church-Wide Clean-Up Nov. 21, 8am-Noon – Please sign up at the Welcome Center to help or to give the name of someone who needs help. Let’s work together to love our neighbors!
- All Church Movie Night – Friday, November 20. The Men, Meat and Movies Missional Community is showing The Good Lie (PG-13). Inspired by true events, it tells the story of a group of Sudanese refugees who resettle in America. Their encounter with an employment agency counselor forever changes all of their lives. This is a powerful movie that opens up new ways of thinking about what it means to "love our neighbor as ourselves." Anyone 13 and older is welcome! The movie will begin at 7pm sharp in the Youth Center with a discussion afterwards. RSVP by calling the church office. Contact Pastor Brian if you have questions.
- Share the Holiday Spirit – Bless members of our congregation and community by donating turkeys or hams. Place them in the 2-door freezer at church (in the pantry). Please notify the office if you leave an item. Monetary gifts can be made out to FRC marked Thanksgiving/Christmas. Thank you for your continued generosity!
- Prison Pen Pals Missional Community – is looking for 2 people to be pen pals. Please contact Lugene Vander Kooi at 616.212.3176 or email@example.com.
- Prime Timers Christmas Luncheon and Concert – Evergreen Commons Tuesday, December 8 at 11:30am. Cost is $20. Only a few spots left! Call the office or sign up on pew card.
- Headed South for the Winter? – If you have a change of address during the winter months, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 399.9280. Also, please indicate if you would like to receive bulletins in the mail.
- CPR Certified? – Our Parish Nurse is trying to get a current list of people who are CPR trained. If this applies to you, could you please notify Linda Hutchison at 399-9280 x22 to give your name and when your CPR expires. This would be helpful to have a current list for our Pastors, Deacons, and Elders.
- Yarn Donations – would be greatly appreciated for the Knitting Missional Community that is busy making many projects for people in our community and congregation. Any color and any type of yarn is greatly appreciated. Donations can be placed in the large tub in the hallway to the sanctuary. Thank you!
- Hospice of Holland – We’re looking for volunteers to offer their time and talents in many capacities: visiting with patients, assisting with life stories, office help and even specialty services, such as legal services, haircuts, and massage therapy. Contact Jodi Wilcome at 616-355-5514 or email her at www.hollandhospice.org.
- God’s World en Plein Air – a show of original works of art, painted in or inspired by outdoor settings. Guests are invited to enjoy the art show from September 27 through November 19 at Second Reformed Church in Zeeland. More information can be found at www.srczeeland.org.
- The City on a Hill Café - is in need of volunteers to help prepare food, clean up and other general duties. Specifically, they need an opener on Tuesday mornings, food prep and an opener on Wednesdays, food prep on Thursdays and Fridays. Openers come in at 6:30 am and food prep come in at 9 am. If you can help in the afternoon, they have needs on Monday –Thursday to help clean up. Lunch is provided to volunteers. Please contact Kerri at 748-6005 or by email to café email@example.com.
- City on a Hill Health Clinic - is in need of a volunteer receptionist from 10 am to 1:30 pm every Tuesday morning. Duties include answering the telephone, scheduling patients and some clerical duties. This position would be ideal for nurses or other individuals with a medical background. A current valid license is not necessary for this volunteer position. This can be a job share as well if there are 2 individuals interested. We are in need a volunteer as soon as possible. Please contact Christine Plummer or Nancy Bierema at 616-748-6009 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.