Bulletin - November 22
CHILDREN & FAMILY
Betsy Bruins, Minister of Children and Families, 399-9280, ext. 18, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Braunius, Nursery Coordinator, 399-9280, email@example.com
- Children & Worship and Sunday School Information – Please see the calendar on the back of the bulletin for C&W and Sunday School times and room assignments.
- H2H Food-of-the-Month – Sunday School kids are now bringing in fruit cups. Put your donation on the table in the Gathering Place.
- Family Advent Packets at the Children and Families Table – One per family. Includes an open-the-flap Advent calendar, a family Advent devotional, and coloring pages.
- No Community Nights This Wednesday – Join us for the Thanksgiving Eve Service at 7pm followed by pie afterwards! This service is for all ages.
Bryce Vander Stelt, Minister of Youth & Young Adults, 399-9280, ext.23, firstname.lastname@example.org
Stacey Duensing, Youth Ministry Associate, email@example.com
- HSM – Please remember that there is no HSM gathering tonight. We will be meeting next week Sunday (November 29) to help buy items for the Kids Hope Christmas store.
- Elevate – This Wednesday night we are not meeting as a group. Instead we want to encourage all students to join their families at the Thanksgiving Eve Service.
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext.14, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check Out ALPHA! – ALPHA is an opportunity to explore life and the Christian faith in a friendly, open, and informal environment. Class are held during Community Nights on Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30pm.
- Invitation to the Old Testament Class – Now on Sunday mornings only! Join Dr. John Brogan and our intern, Julie Myers, to explore the movements of the Old Testament story with video lessons, discussion and scripture readings.
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext. 14, email@example.com
Karen Donker, Kids Hope USA Director and Hand2Hand Ministries Coordinator, 399-9280, ext. 13, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hand2Hand Needs – tuna fish, pancake mix, syrup, fruit cups (any variety, canned veggies, saltine crackers, fruit snacks, canned chili, rice, pasta, individually packaged cheese & crackers, and Vienna sausages. Your donations are greatly needed and appreciated! Thank you!!
- Bethany Christmas Project - 105 kids are in need of gifts; 57 taken care of as of 11/15. Pick up a gift purchasing sheet in the concourse TODAY. Gifts are due next Sunday, November 29. Call Jan Wehrmeyer at 392.5034 with questions.
- The HOPE Christmas Store - Saturday, December 5, 9:00am-12:00pm. Please stop by the HOPE Christmas Tree to choose ornaments off the tree, get an information sheet, or sign up to volunteer at the store. Gift donations collected thru 11/29. Cash donations welcome!
- Calling ALL Christmas Cookie Bakers!! – Please consider donating 2 dozen cookies for the KIDS HOPE USA Christmas Party (Tuesday, 12/1) or the HOPE Christmas Store (Saturday, 12/5). Sign up sheets are located in the concourse by the HOPE Christmas tree.
- Salvation Army Bell Ringing – Sign up by the Welcome Center to volunteer for bell ringing at the Walgreens on Butternut and James!
Brian Keepers, Minister of Congregational Leadership, 399-9280, ext. 12, email@example.com
Jordan Clegg, Minister of Creative Arts, 399-9280, ext. 15, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thanksgiving Eve Service – Join us at 7pm on Wednesday, November 25. There will be a time of fellowship and pie after the service.
Marijke Strong, Minister of Congregational Care & Community Life, 399-9280, ext. 17, email@example.com
Linda Hutchison, Parish Nurse, 399-9280, ext. 22, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Thanksgiving Offering – will benefit Pine Creek Elementary (where we minister through Hand2Hand). The funds will assist the school in opening the cafeteria during the Christmas Break to provide food and community for the children who may not have consistent meals while the school is closed for the holidays.
- Cold and Flu Season! – For everyone's convenience, the Sanctuary has one antibacterial container in each pew on the aisle end for your use. Feel free to utilize them and please keep them in the pew. Thank you and stay healthy!
- Young Adult Small Group – We are excited to kick off our new Young Adult Small Group. Join us for a meal and time of getting to know each other on December 5 from 6-8pm at the Vander Stelt's (21 Iroquois Ave, Holland).
- Share the Holiday Spirit – Bless members of our congregation and community by donating turkeys or hams. Place them in the 2-door freezer in the pantry at church. Please notify the office if you leave an item. Monetary gifts can be made out to FRC marked Thanksgiving/Christmas. Thank you for your continued generosity!
- Prison Pen Pals Missional Community – is looking for 2 people to be pen pals. Please contact Lugene Vander Kooi at 616.212.3176 or email@example.com.
- Headed South for the Winter? – If you have a change of address during the winter months, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 399.9280. Please indicate if you would like to receive bulletins in the mail.
- CPR Certified? – Our Parish Nurse is trying to get a current list of people who are CPR trained. If this applies to you, could you please notify Linda Hutchison at 399-9280 x22 to give your name and when your CPR expires. This would be helpful to have a current list for our Pastors, Deacons, and Elders.
- Yarn Donations – would be greatly appreciated for the Knitting Missional Community that is busy making many projects for people in our community and congregation. Any color and any type of yarn is greatly appreciated. Donations can be placed in the large tub in the concourse. Thank you!
- Christmas Caroling – on Sunday, December 20, from 5:30-7:30pm. We will meet at church for a time of fellowship and goodies, and then head out at 6:00pm to bless some of the homebound in our community with Christmas carols. Please bring a plate of your favorite holiday goodies to share. Sign up at the Welcome Center TODAY!
- Hospice of Holland – We’re looking for volunteers to offer their time and talents in many capacities: visiting with patients, assisting with life stories, office help and even specialty services, such as legal services, haircuts, and massage therapy. Contact Jodi Wilcome at 616-355-5514 or email her at www.hollandhospice.org.
- City on a Hill Health Clinic – is in need of a volunteer receptionist from 10 am to 1:30 pm every Tuesday morning. Duties include answering the telephone, scheduling patients and some clerical duties. This position would be ideal for nurses or other individuals with a medical background. A current valid license is not necessary for this volunteer position. This can be a job share as well if there are 2 individuals interested. We are in need a volunteer as soon as possible. Please contact Christine Plummer or Nancy Bierema at 616-748-6009 or email@example.com for more details.
- Positive Options, a service of Lakeshore Pregnancy Center – with offices in Holland, Grand Haven, Allegan and Allendale, plus our roving Mobile Medical Center, is offering Male and Female Client Advocate training the 12th, 14th and 18th of January, 2016 and Receptionist training on January 12. These high-impact volunteer opportunities require 4 hours per week and directly affects the lives of men, women, and babies in our communities. Please email Sheila.firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. Visit lpcenters.com to learn more about Positive Options and other volunteer opportunities.