Bulletin - November 29
CHILDREN & FAMILY
Betsy Bruins, Minister of Children and Families, 399-9280, ext. 18, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Braunius, Nursery Coordinator, 399-9280, email@example.com
- Everybody Worships Sunday – Today is Everybody Worships Sunday. All children 2nd-8th grades are invited to stay in the service with families. Children & Worship and Nursery are still offered.
- H2H Food-of-the-Month – Sunday School kids are now bringing in fruit cups. Put your donation on the table in the Gathering Place.
- Family Advent Packets at the Children and Families Table – One per family. Includes an open-the-flap Advent calendar, a family Advent devotional, and coloring pages.
Bryce Vander Stelt, Minister of Youth & Young Adults, 399-9280, ext.23, firstname.lastname@example.org
Stacey Duensing, Youth Ministry Associate, email@example.com
- HSM – Tonight we will be meeting at church at 6:00pm. We will eat together and then head out to buy gifts for the Kid's Hope Christmas Store. We will get back to church at 8:00pm. This group is for all 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students.
- Elevate – This Wednesday night we will meet in the Youth Center from 6:15-7:30pm. This group is for all 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students.
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext.14, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please see the bulletin calendar for Small Group and Missional Community gatherings.
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext. 14, email@example.com
Karen Donker, Kids Hope USA Director and Hand2Hand Ministries Coordinator, 399-9280, ext. 13, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hand2Hand Needs – tuna fish, pancake mix, syrup, fruit cups (any variety), canned veggies, saltine crackers, fruit snacks, canned chili, rice, pasta, individually packaged cheese & crackers, and Vienna sausages. Your donations are greatly needed and appreciated! Thank you!!
- Bethany Christmas Project - 105 kids are in need of gifts; 87 taken care of as of 11/22. Gifts are due TODAY. Call Jan Wehrmeyer at 392.5034 with questions.
- The HOPE Christmas Store - Saturday, December 5, 9:00am-12:00pm. Please remember to drop off all gift and cash donations to the HOPE Christmas tree by Sunday, November 29. We are still in need of books, stuffed animals, hats, mittens and scarves to pair with each gift. Thank you!
- Christmas Cookie Bakers – If you signed up to provide cookies for the Kids Hope Christmas party, those cookies should be brought to the kitchen by noon on Tuesday, December 1. Cookies for the HOPE Christmas Store should be dropped off by noon on Friday, December 4. Thank you, very much!!
- Salvation Army Bell Ringing – Sign up at the Welcome Center to volunteer for bell ringing at the Walgreens on Butternut and James!
- Breakfast with Baby – will be Saturday, December 12th. Current needs are: diapers (size new born, 2, 3, 4, and 5), wipes, and new/gently used winter clothes.
Brian Keepers, Minister of Congregational Leadership, 399-9280, ext. 12, email@example.com
Jordan Clegg, Minister of Creative Arts, 399-9280, ext. 15, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Art during Advent – There will be a growing art installation at the front of the sanctuary created by Fellowship’s Artist Cohort. Each piece of this installation is inspired by an image from each of the Narrative Lectionary texts for Advent. The project as a whole is designed to help us watch and wait for the coming of Word of the Lord made flesh in Jesus Christ. This project is made possible through a Vital Worship Grant from the Calvin Institute of Christian Worship in Grand Rapids, Michigan with funds provided by Lilly Endowment, Inc.
Marijke Strong, Minister of Congregational Care & Community Life, 399-9280, ext. 17, email@example.com
Linda Hutchison, Parish Nurse, 399-9280, ext. 22, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Thanksgiving Offering – gifts will be received through next Sunday, December 6, for Pine Creek Elementary. The funds will assist the school in opening the cafeteria during the Christmas Break to provide food and community for the children who may not have consistent meals while the school is closed for the holidays. Please mark your gift as Thanksgiving Offering.
- Young Adult Small Group – We are excited to kick off our new Young Adult Small Group. Join us for a meal and time of getting to know each other this Saturday, December 5, from 6-8pm at the Vander Stelt's (21 Iroquois Ave, Holland).
- Share the Holiday Spirit – Bless members of our congregation and community by donating hams. Place them in the 2-door freezer in the pantry at church. Please notify the office if you leave an item. Monetary gifts can be made out to FRC marked Christmas Hams. Thank you for your continued generosity!
- Headed South for the Winter? – If you have a change of address during the winter months, please let us know by emailing email@example.com or calling 399.9280. Please indicate if you would like to receive bulletins in the mail.
- Yarn Donations – would be greatly appreciated for the Knitting Missional Community that is busy making many projects for our community and congregation. Donations can be placed in the large tub in the concourse. Thank you!
- Christmas Caroling – on Sunday, December 20, from 5:30-7:30pm. We will meet at church for a time of fellowship and goodies, and then head out at 6:00pm to bless some of the homebound in our community with Christmas carols. Please bring a plate of your favorite holiday goodies to share. Sign up at the Welcome Center TODAY!
- Hospice of Holland – We’re looking for volunteers to offer their time and talents in many capacities: visiting with patients, assisting with life stories, office help and even specialty services, such as legal services, haircuts, and massage therapy. Contact Jodi Wilcome at 616-355-5514 or email her at www.hollandhospice.org.
- City on a Hill Health Clinic – is in need of a volunteer receptionist from 10 am to 1:30 pm every Tuesday morning. Duties include answering the telephone, scheduling patients and some clerical duties. This position would be ideal for nurses or other individuals with a medical background. A current valid license is not necessary for this volunteer position. This can be a job share as well if there are 2 individuals interested. We are in need a volunteer as soon as possible. Please contact Christine Plummer or Nancy Bierema at 616-748-6009 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Positive Options, a service of Lakeshore Pregnancy Center – with offices in Holland, Grand Haven, Allegan and Allendale, plus our roving Mobile Medical Center, is offering Male and Female Client Advocate training the 12th, 14th and 18th of January, 2016 and Receptionist training on January 12. These high-impact volunteer opportunities require 4 hours per week and directly affects the lives of men, women, and babies in our communities. Please email Sheila.email@example.com for further information. Visit lpcenters.com to learn more about Positive Options and other volunteer opportunities.