Bulletin - April 3
CHILDREN & FAMILY
Betsy Bruins, Minister of Children and Families, 399-9280, ext.18, firstname.lastname@example.org
Emily Rosendahl, Children's Ministry Assistant, 399-9280, email@example.com
- Everybody Worships Sunday – Today is an Everybody Worships Sunday. All children 2nd-8th grades are invited to stay in the service with families. Children & Worship and Nursery are still offered. Sunday School resumes April 17.
- Sunday School H2H Food-of-the-Month – We are collecting "The Great Eight" through the end of May for making breakfast and snack packs: 100% juice boxes, instant oatmeal packets, individual serving cereal boxes, fruit cups, granola bars, pudding cups, fruit snacks, and cheese & cracker packets. Thank you!
- 2016 Vacation Bible School Theme – Cave Quest: Following Jesus, the Light of the World! Registration for both children and volunteers will be all online on our website starting mid-April. VBS is June 20-24, 8:30 to 11:30am for ages 4 (Kindergarten 2017) through entering 5th grade.
Bryce Vander Stelt, Minister of Youth & Young Adults, 399-9280, ext.23, firstname.lastname@example.org
Stacey Duensing, Youth Ministry Associate, email@example.com
- HSM – will not meet tonight. We will be back on Sunday, April 10.
- Elevate – will not be meeting this Wednesday night. Next meeting will be April 13.
- HSM Garage Sale – is on Saturday, April 16, 8am-12pm. Please bring items for the garage sale to the Youth Center by April 13. All proceeds will go toward the Summer Serve Trip to Rosebud Native American Reservation in South Dakota.
- College Care Packages – We will be sending out care packages to college students in the month of April. If you are a student or a parent of a student that would like to receive a package please email Bryce the student's name and college address.
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext.14, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spring Devotionals – are available at the back of the Sanctuary the Welcome Center, and the table in the Concourse. Join us as we dwell in the book of Acts!
- New Bible Study on Acts – Join Pastor Brian and Dr. John Brogan for a 6 week study on the book of Acts. We will do an in-depth exploration of how the Holy Spirit was on the move in the early church and is still on the move in our lives today! Wednesdays in the Gathering Place from 6:30-7:45pm, April 13-May 18. Contact Pastor Brian for info.
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext. 14, email@example.com
Karen Donker, Kids Hope USA Director and Hand2Hand Ministries Coordinator, 399-9280, ext. 13, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hand2Hand Needs – cereal, instant oatmeal, chicken helper, fruit cups (all varieties), mac & cheese, canned tuna fish, canned chicken breast, canned spaghetti sauce, hamburger helper, squeezable jelly, pancake mix, syrup, canned chili, rice, fruit & cereal bars, and pudding cups. Your donations are greatly needed and appreciated! Thank you!!
- Mission Crew – We are entering the last step of the year long discernment process as we move into Focus Mission Partnerships. This will help us engage our call to serve children and offer them hope and love in the name of Christ! We are sending 4 delegates to join RCA Global mission staff in visiting Adrian and Bernardeth Bobb-Kelly and their ministry in Bluefields, Nicaragua from April 6-10, 2016! Please pray for safe travel, inspiring new relationships, and for growing the vision of how FRC can more deeply partner with God's work there!
- Breakfast with Baby – will be Saturday, April 9. Current needs are: diapers (size new born, 2, 3, 4, and 5), wipes, and new/gently used summer clothes.
Brian Keepers, Minister of Congregational Leadership, 399-9280, ext. 12, email@example.com
Jordan Clegg, Minister of Creative Arts, 399-9280, ext. 15, firstname.lastname@example.org
- April 24 Service Times – On Sunday, April 24, services will be at 8am and 10am. The Congregational Meeting will be held at 11am, with a celebration to follow.
Lisa Braunius, Interim Coordinator of Congregational Care, 399-9280, ext. 17, email@example.com
Linda Hutchison, Parish Nurse, 399-9280, ext. 22, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2016 Consistory Nominees – The Nominating Committee is pleased to present this slate of nominees to serve on Fellowship's Consistory. Lots will be drawn today, April 3, to determine a single slate, which will be voted on at the Congregational Meeting on April 24.
- MLC Elder (1 selected)- Jason Grant & Kathy Wood
- CLC Elder (4 selected)– Sandy Alverson, Linda Dalman, Chuck Kulier, Anne Reilly-Clegg, Paul Reynen, Joan Stuttman, Nance VanLiere, Lynne Vriesman
- MLC Deacon (1 selected)- Barb Dobberteen & Susan Timmer
- CLC Deacon (4 selected)– George Dalman, Nate Dreyer, Heidi Plaggemars, Mike Slager, Mike Thorsby, Aaron Tracy, Bev VanderHill, Bob Vorpagel
- Spring Break Office Hours – the office will be open 9am-3pm April 4-7 and closed April 8.
Lost and Found – there is a table set up in the Concourse of our Lost and Found items. Please stop by and see if anything belongs to you!
- Fellowship Dinner Groups – Sign up for dinner groups with FRC members to get to know others in the church family and have a lot of fun. Fill out the form here or in a form in the Concourse. Groups will be divided into manageable sizes to meet in April and May. Email Tammy Keepers at email@example.com.
- Discover Fellowship Luncheon Class – Sunday, April 17, 12-2pm. This class is for those who would like to become members or learn more about Fellowship. If you have any questions or to sign up, please contact Mary Veele (616.399.6545 or firstname.lastname@example.org) or the church office. Sign up by Monday, April 11.
- 2016 Summer Trip to Israel-Palestine! – We are returning to Israel-Palestine with Marlin and Josh Vis this summer to host an arts camp AND sports camp in Beit-Sahour (near Bethlehem) July 18-30! Sign up today. Registration ends April 15.
- Health Fair – on Sunday, April 17 at 8:30am-12pm in the Great Room. The theme is CHILDREN AND FAMILIES. Come get free stuff, info on safety, fun summer programs, Park Township trails and activities, and have fun! Providers will include: Park Township, Red Cross, Miranda events, Hope College, Hospice of Holland, and several more.
- Baptism Class – Sunday, April 24, at 9am for parents desiring baptism for their children. Baptism will occur on Sunday, May 8, at the service of your choice. Register by contacting the church office or Hannah Clark (email@example.com or 616.510.8966). Sign up by Monday, April 18.
- 2016 Crop Walk – is April 23 & 24. Jim Baar will be walking in memory of Bryon Carter and Mary Reimink. Those interested in contributing should contact Jim or sign up in the office.
- 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting – A council of 72 members of the RCA is meeting in Chicago in April to help our denomination seek a way forward together on issues of human sexuality. Congregations and individuals are invited to participate in the 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting leading up to the council. Daily devotions are available at the Welcome Center and online (www.rca.org/21daysignup) to guide you.
- Second Reformed Church Spring Art Show – featuring works by Joel Schoon-Tanis will run March 20 through June 5. Everyone is invited to attend the show during Open Gallery Hours: Sunday—11:15am to 1pm; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 9:30am to 3:30pm; and Friday from 9:30am to 12pm. If you have questions, please contact Hope in the Second Church office at 616.772.2153.
- Brahms’ German Requiem – comes to Holland, MI!
- Learn – The Bible and Brahms’ Requiem. A 3-part presentation by the Rev. Dr. Carol Bechtel. April 6, 13, & 20, 2016 ~ 6:00 to 7:30 PM. First Reformed Church ~ 630 State St.
- Experience - the Performance by The Holland Symphony Orchestra and the Holland Chorale. April 22 and 23, 2016. Miller Center for the Musical Arts at Hope College.
- Clothing Give Away – Saturday, April 30, 9am to 12pm. Men's, women's, and children's spring and summer clothing available to ALL at NO charge. Feeding America Food Truck will there at 10am (first come first serve basis; please bring your own containers). Harvest Bible Chapel, Corner of US 31 and Stanton St, West Olive, Michigan.