Bulletin - March 20
CHILDREN & FAMILY
Betsy Bruins, Minister of Children and Families, 399-9280, ext.18, email@example.com
Emily Rosendahl, Children's Ministry Assistant, 399-9280, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Children & Worship and Sunday School Information – Please see the calendar on the back of the bulletin for C&W and Sunday School times and room assignments.
- Sunday School H2H Food-of-the-Month – We are collecting "The Great Eight" through the end of May for making breakfast and snack packs: 100% juice boxes, Instant oatmeal packets, Individual serving cereal boxes, Fruit cups, Granola bars, Pudding cups, Fruit Snacks, and Cheese & cracker packets. Thank you!
- Easter Egg Hunt – will be on March 26, 11am to noon for ages 3 to 10 years old. Please bring your own Easter basket to gather eggs. Meet in the Gathering Place at 11am! Contact Betsy if you are willing to help organize the hunt!
Bryce Vander Stelt, Minister of Youth & Young Adults, 399-9280, ext.23, email@example.com
Stacey Duensing, Youth Ministry Associate, firstname.lastname@example.org
- HSM – Tonight will conclude our sex and relationships series with our guest speaker Mike Van Drie. We would love to have you join us tonight from 6-8pm in the Youth Center.
- Elevate – will not be meeting this Wednesday night. Instead, join in the Lenten Journey any time between 8:30am and 8:30pm on Wednesday or Thursday.
- HSM Garage Sale – Saturday, April 16, 7am-12pm. Congregation, please bring items for the garage sale to the Youth Center thru April 13. All proceeds will go toward the Summer Serve Trip to Rosebud Native American Reservation in SD.
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext.14, email@example.com
- Lent Devotional – If you would like Lent specific devotions, RCA Lenten Devotionals are available in printed form at the Welcome Center, or by signing up for one of the devotionals available online at: https://www.rca.org/resources/lent-devotions.
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext. 14, firstname.lastname@example.org
Karen Donker, Kids Hope USA Director and Hand2Hand Ministries Coordinator, 399-9280, ext. 13, email@example.com
- Hand2Hand Needs – tuna fish, instant oatmeal, cereal, hamburger helper, canned chili, vienna sausages, canned spaghetti sauce, and squeezeable jelly. Your donations are greatly needed and appreciated! Thank you!!
- Community Mission Project – Please consider being a part of our Hand2Hand outreach by signing up for a week from 11:30-1:30 developing relationships with neighborhood kids at Pine Acres Migrant Camp. Weeks available: June 13-17, June 20-24, June 27-July 1, August 8-12, August 15-19, or August 22-26. We will be partnering with other community agencies to provide lunch, games, arts & crafts, reading books, and a variety of other fun activities. Contact Karen Donker.
Brian Keepers, Minister of Congregational Leadership, 399-9280, ext. 12, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jordan Clegg, Minister of Creative Arts, 399-9280, ext. 15, email@example.com
- MARCH 23 & 24 | Lenten Journey – A self paced experience for all ages. Open 8:30am to 8:30pm
- FRIDAY, MARCH 25 | Good Friday Worship – 7pm
- SATURDAY, MARCH 26 | Easter Egg Hunt – 11am ∙ Ages 3 to 10
- SUNDAY, MARCH 27 | Easter Sunday Worship – 8am ∙ 9:30am ∙ 11am
- This Week's Focus – We Pray for:
- for all who live with harmful words and shame spoken by others.
- for all who have been physically hurt by those they should be able to trust, and who experience violence in their homes.
- for men, women and children who are beaten, tortured or killed by the those in power because of race, faith, ideology or in the wake of war.
- for those who hold offices of power and who make laws to work decisively toward justice and the basic human rights of all persons.
Lisa Braunius, Interim Coordinator of Congregational Care, 399-9280, ext. 17, firstname.lastname@example.org
Linda Hutchison, Parish Nurse, 399-9280, ext. 22, email@example.com
- Community Potluck & Game Night – Wednesday, March 30th at 5:45pm. Please bring sides, salads, and desserts! FRC will provide pulled pork. Bring cards or board games you love, or just come and play! Invite your family and friends too! We'll have some games on hand as weel as a lego center.
- Easter Lilies – If you would like to purchase an Easter lily ($10) in memory of a loved one, please contact the church office by TOMORROW, March 21st. The lilies will be in the sanctuary on Easter Sunday. You may take them home after the 11am service.
- Fellowship Dinner Groups – We invite you to sign up for dinner groups with other FRC members. This will be a great way to get to know others in the church family and have a lot of fun. Sign up at the welcome center to either host or attend. Groups will be divided into manageable sizes to meet from April through May 15. Questions? Email Tammy Keepers at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prayer Gathering – on Tuesday, March 29th at 7pm in the Sanctuary for the Special Council on Human Sexuality and the RCA.
- 2016 Consistory Nominees – The Nominating Committee is pleased to present this slate of nominees to serve on Fellowship's Consistory. Lots will be drawn on April 3 to determine a single slate, which will be voted on at the Congregational Meeting on April 24.
- MLC Elder (1 selected)- Jason Grant & Kathy Wood
- CLC Elder (4 selected)– Sandy Alverson, Linda Dalman, Chuck Kulier, Anne Reilly-Clegg, Paul Reynen, Joan Stutman, Nance VanLiere, Lynne Vriesman
- MLC Deacon (1 selected)- Barb Dobberteen & Susan Timmer
- CLC Deacon (4 selected)– George Dalman, Nate Dreyer, Heidi Plaggemars, Mike Slager, Mike Thorsby, Aaron Tracy, Bev VanderHill, Bob Vorpagel
- Vietnam Vets 50th Anniversary – the city of Holland is putting on a 50th anniversary ceremony April 30th for Vietnam Vets and spouses in Centennial Park with refreshments after at City Hall. If you are a Nam Vet or know one, please email your/their name and address to email@example.com as soon as possible, so the mayor can send a personal invitation. Thank you, Bob Prins!
- Live Simply Jars – Help us bless the Bobb-Kelly’s mission to provide clean water and meals to children in Nicaragua. Extra jars are available in the concourse. All change will be collected during Easter Sunday services.
- Second Reformed Church Spring Art Show – featuring works by Joel Schoon-Tanis will run March 20 through June 5. Everyone is invited to attend the show during Open Gallery Hours: Sunday—11:15am to 1pm; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 9:30am to 3:30pm; and Friday from 9:30am to 12pm. If you have questions, please contact Hope in the Second Church office at 616.772.2153.
- Brahms’ German Requiem – comes to Holland, MI!
- Learn – The Bible and Brahms’ Requiem. A 3-part presentation by the Rev. Dr. Carol Bechtel. April 6, 13, & 20, 2016 ~ 6:00 to 7:30 PM. First Reformed Church ~ 630 State St.
- Experience - the Performance by The Holland Symphony Orchestra and the Holland Chorale. April 22 and 23, 2016. Miller Center for the Musical Arts at Hope College.
- Save the date! – Rehoboth Christian School from Gallup New Mexico is bringing their fifty-five member student choir to Michigan. They will perform at Harderwyk CRC on Monday, March 28 at 7:00. If you would like to host a couple of students or have more details please contact Mary Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 505-870-2454.
- Clothing Give Away – Saturday, April 30, 9am to 12pm. Men's, women's, and children's spring and summer clothing available to ALL at NO charge. Feeding America Food Truck will there at 10am (first come first serve basis; please bring your own containers). Harvest Bible Chapel, Corner of US 31 and Stanton St, West Olive, Michigan.