Bulletin - December 20
CHILDREN & FAMILY
Betsy Bruins, Minister of Children and Families, 399-9280, ext. 18, email@example.com
Lisa Braunius, Nursery Coordinator, 399-9280, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Children & Worship and Sunday School Information – Please see the calendar on the back of the bulletin for C&W and Sunday School times and room assignments.
- H2H Food-of-the-Month – Sunday School kids are now bringing in fruit cups. Put your donation on the table in the Gathering Place.
- Sunday School & Community Nights Break – Sunday School classes will have their Christmas parties TODAY. This will be the last class until January 10. Community Nights are on a break until January 6.
Bryce Vander Stelt, Minister of Youth & Young Adults, 399-9280, ext.23, email@example.com
Stacey Duensing, Youth Ministry Associate, firstname.lastname@example.org
- High School Ministry – Tonight we will be caroling around Holland. It will go from 5:30-7:30pm. There will not be a meal provided tonight so please plan accordingly.
- Elevate Middle School Ministry – We will not be meeting this Wednesday night. Enjoy Christmas break with your families! Our next meeting will be January 6.
- HSM Winter Retreat – All high school students are invited to our winter retreat on January 22-24. The cost is $99. We will be going to Gull Lake Ministries Retreat Center for a weekend of fun and fellowship. Please contact Bryce or Stacey to sign up.
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext.14, email@example.com
- Please see the bulletin calendar for Small Group and Missional Community gatherings.
Janelle Koolhaas, Interim Minister of Discipleship and Mission, 399-9280, ext. 14, firstname.lastname@example.org
Karen Donker, Kids Hope USA Director and Hand2Hand Ministries Coordinator, 399-9280, ext. 13, email@example.com
- Hand2Hand Needs – instant oatmeal, tuna helper, pancake mix, applesauce fruit cups, canned chili, hamburger helper, fruit & cereal bars, and cheez-it type crackers. Your donations are greatly needed and appreciated! Thank you!!
Brian Keepers, Minister of Congregational Leadership, 399-9280, ext. 12, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jordan Clegg, Minister of Creative Arts, 399-9280, ext. 15, email@example.com
- Christmas Eve Services – Join us on Thursday at: 4:00pm is a Family Service of song and story where all are invited to participate in an impromptu Christmas Pageant. 8:00pm is a candlelight service of lessons and carols led by our choir and orchestra. 11:00pm we will hold a candlelight service which will include communion. This service will be led by soloists and small ensembles. We are still in need of musicians. Contact Jordan with any questions. Scan the QR code or sign up here: http://goo.gl/forms/9OAhcVL3J1.
- Art During Advent – This Advent, there will be a growing art installation at the front of the sanctuary created by Fellowship’s Artist Cohort. Each piece of this installation is inspired by an image from each of the Narrative Lectionary texts for Advent. The project as a whole is designed to help us watch and wait for the coming of the Word of the Lord made flesh in Jesus Christ. This project is made possible through a Vital Worship Grant from the Calvin Institute of Christian Worship in Grand Rapids, Michigan with funds provided by Lilly Endowment, Inc.
Marijke Strong, Minister of Congregational Care & Community Life, 399-9280, ext. 17, firstname.lastname@example.org
Linda Hutchison, Parish Nurse, 399-9280, ext. 22, email@example.com
- Christmas Caroling – SINGERS NEEDED this evening, from 5:30-7:30pm. We will meet at church for fellowship and goodies, and then head out at 6:00pm to bless some of the homebound in our community with Christmas carols. Please bring a plate of holiday goodies to share.
- Office Holiday Hours – The office will close at noon on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and will be closed all day on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
- Free at Three Concert Series – Dylan Perez, member of Fellowship, will be performing a solo piano program on Sunday December 27 at 3:00pm at First Reformed Church on State Street in Holland. Dylan is currently studying collaborative piano at the Guildhall School in London.
- Consistory Nominations – Leadership matters! This is true in any family, group, organization or community. And it is especially true in the life and mission of the local church. This is the time of year when we look to you to help us discern who God may be calling to serve in leadership on Fellowship’s Consistory. All confessing members 21 years or older are eligible, with the exception of those who are ineligible because of recent Consistory service. Please complete a nominations form and place in the ballot box at the Welcome Center or submit names online at http://goo.gl/forms/AjnpAKRG3Q.
- Prison Pen Pal Members – Please return copies of Ministry to the Incarcerated to Lugene.
- 40: The Biblical Story – Special offer through January 31, 2016! See the table in the concourse for more information on how to get your own copy today!
- Snow Removal Help Needed – Do you love being outside in the winter? We need help with snow removal on Saturdays and/or Sundays this winter. Please talk with Steve Braunius firstname.lastname@example.org or Dennis Roelofs if you are able and willing to help (pay is available as well).
- Letters for Marine Recruit Travis Rosendahl – may be dropped off at the church office or be given to Kristi Rosendahl. Please remember he is allowed to only receive letters (no packages or inserts in the letter). Thank you for your continued prayers and support for him!
- Faith & Physics – Jesus said "I am the light of the world." Have you ever wondered what light really is - from a physics standpoint? Is it possible that light represents God in many wondrous ways you've never considered? Might it be time to explore God in an entirely new way which will energize your soul? This free class will be taught by Rodger Price December 29 (1-5pm) and 30 (8am-12pm) at Fellowship. Please contact Rodger Price at email@example.com for more information.
- Headed South for the Winter? – If you have a change of address during the winter months, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 399.9280. Also, indicate if you would like to receive bulletins in the mail.
- Hospice of Holland – We’re looking for volunteers to offer their time and talents in many capacities: visiting with patients, assisting with life stories, office help and even specialty services, such as legal services, haircuts, and massage therapy. Contact Jodi Wilcome at 616-355-5514 or email her at www.hollandhospice.org.
- College Students – looking for a summer job that matters? Camp Geneva, located in Holland, Michigan, is accepting applications for summer staff and will begin interviewing in January. Positions include: counselors, lifeguards, kitchen, maintenance and many more. Visit campgeneva.org for position descriptions and to print an application.