It has now been approximately 6 months since Pastor Brian Keepers took his new position at Trinity Reformed Church in Orange City, Iowa. During this time we have continued to follow a plan that has included:
- Saying goodbye to the Keeper’s family in a meaningful way
- Taking time to grieve this loss
- Forming a Transition Team to facilitate the transition
- Conducting listening sessions to hear from the congregation about where we have been and where we are
- Forming a Transition Leadership Team to meet each week (Rodger Price, Barb Eriks, Pastor Lindsay Small, Pastor Nate Schipper, Stephen Braunius)
- Identifying Jon Brown, pastor of Pillar Church, to support us as an outside voice in the transition and search process. He meets with the Consistory, Ministry Leadership Council, the Transition Leadership Team, and search team as needed.
- Identifying a search team chair and search team
As we have shared in worship, on our website, and in a recent In The Loop, the following people have agreed to be a part of our search team:
- Kristin Garris (Chair)
- Gwen Auwerda
- Duane Bosma
- Patrick Cisler (MLC)
- Jan Dalman
- Barb Eriks (President-Elect & MLC)
- Dick Schaap (CLC)
- Paul Solis
The team members were selected through much prayer and the discernment of our Transition Team, Human Resource Team, Consistory, and staff. Now that the search team is in place, the Transition Team will meet less frequently. The Transition Team anticipates taking more of a leadership role once the pastor search is complete.
Over the next two months, the search team will begin meeting, we will be collecting stories about who we are and how we have lived into our mission as a church, and a survey will be conducted to receive feedback from the congregation for the qualities we are looking for in our next pastor.
The search process will begin in earnest in January. We will be seeking out potential candidates and also posting the position on our website and the Reformed Church in America’s website.